Hello, and HELP!! :)

Fish_Fingers91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I hope you are well, All things considered globally! UK guy here, first marine tank.

Question about wavemaker placement in a cube tank. All the videos I've seen online have them at the end of traditional rectangular tanks. Any advice where I should place mine?! I'm running an external filter with the input on the right.

Also, I have put a new wavemaker in today to replace one which stopped working. I thought I was doing the right thing by getting a double headed wavemaker however it seems to be a little overpowering? (Or maybe I'm comparing it to the old one which only had one working head!)

Apologies for the lengthy post! And Hi again! :)
Quick video attached - any other advice would be welcome as I'm an absolute newbie to marine. Finally made the switch after 10+ years of freshwater!

Thanks all. FF

Attachments

• 20201027_154454.mp4
    36.4 MB

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You've joined a great community with lots of friendly folks willing to help when needed! You'll get an answer to your wavemaker question in no time!

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I hope you are well, All things considered globally! UK guy here, first marine tank.

Question about wavemaker placement in a cube tank. All the videos I've seen online have them at the end of traditional rectangular tanks. Any advice where I should place mine?! I'm running an external filter with the input on the right.

Also, I have put a new wavemaker in today to replace one which stopped working. I thought I was doing the right thing by getting a double headed wavemaker however it seems to be a little overpowering? (Or maybe I'm comparing it to the old one which only had one working head!)

Apologies for the lengthy post! And Hi again! :)
Quick video attached - any other advice would be welcome as I'm an absolute newbie to marine. Finally made the switch after 10+ years of freshwater!

Thanks all. FF
Welcome aboard r2r brother much luck hope you get info you are looking for

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back