Hello & Coral/Anemony Question

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That IS a Majano and although some people welcome them, they are in essence a Nuisance.

welcome43.gif

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. As you've learned it is a mojano. I bought some live rock from a lady doing a tank tear down. Her tank was almost exclusively covered in this stuff and yes I bought a couple of rocks covered in it because my wife and I thought it looked cool. Nearly had to go nuclear on the tank to get rid of them all. That was after we had gotten rid of the rocks that that started the infestation. Learned a valuable lesson that day.

Anyways, you're already a step ahead of me when I started my tank. Keep asking questions of this great group of people and you'll increase your odds that your tank will be a success.

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers

My name is Eric.
At the moment I am cycling my first Reef Tank (13g nano tank).

I got a little Hitchhiker on the life-rock. It is around 5mm (0,2 inch) in diameter. My question to you is: What is it? I have a guess, but I do not want to bias the answers. A photo is attached to this post.

I discovered it while it was moving around the tank (I think it was trying to escape the ammonia peak). Its mouth was wide open. I have put it into a quarantine-bucket with a dead rock and some lighting. Now that the ammonia is gone (2ppm Nitrite is still left) I have put it into the tank again. It seems to do better now.

Thank you for your support and best regards

Eric

identify.png

@EricHL Welcome to R2R!!!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back