Hello & Coral/Anemony Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter EricHL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EricHL

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
37
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers


My name is Eric.
At the moment I am cycling my first Reef Tank (13g nano tank).

I got a little Hitchhiker on the life-rock. It is around 5mm (0,2 inch) in diameter. My question to you is: What is it? I have a guess, but I do not want to bias the answers. A photo is attached to this post.

I discovered it while it was moving around the tank (I think it was trying to escape the ammonia peak). Its mouth was wide open. I have put it into a quarantine-bucket with a dead rock and some lighting. Now that the ammonia is gone (2ppm Nitrite is still left) I have put it into the tank again. It seems to do better now.


Thank you for your support and best regards

Eric

identify.png
 
Welcome to R2R! I agree with majano. Get rid of it while you can :)
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

crab.gif


We're glad you're here! This is a great place for information and an amazing community!
 
Welcome to R2R! You’ve definitely come to the right place for all your aquarium issues. + 86,000 on the majano
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new