Hello everyone

Saltydog90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the forum and to the whole saltwater family. I two have come across the great price fluval evo 13.5 and started my journey jan5-2019 I started the cycle with live rock caribsea, live sand and smart start complete bacteria and so far so good I have one percula clown. I have upgraded the light to a kessel a 160 we tuna blue and the spec controller for a higher range of corals and upgraded the lid DIY. What are some good upgrades you guys have down to your evos and what has been working for you

20190106_091038.jpg

20190112_193508.jpg

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I have always liked the look of the fluvals. The kessil a160 is a great light. Will be perfect for anything you want in your tank. I see you have a skimmer. In my personal experience, the small skimmers are difficult to get running properly. Not to say that it can’t be done. But if you do find it to be problematic, you could easily go skimmerless with a tank your size. Weekly water changes would easily cover your nutrient export need. I would highly recommend an ATO of some kind as well. Good luck and will be following!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Welcome to R2R where there are tons of lovely people that will be like family to you. It’s also a place of unlimited knowledge and can always find great answers or ideas here.
Definitely looking forward to your adventures with saltwater.

In regards to your question, I think the best answer is to get to know what you have and get stable water parameters. The kessil light is a great light. I would try and figure out why type of coral stocking your looking to do. Sps dominant and or mixed reef, softies; lps etc. love to see more pics.

Sincerely
Sarah.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back