Hello everyone!

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, after a year of wanting to start a tank I finally did it! I have a 6.6 gallon long tank that I would like some advice on. What’s a good filter for it and what kind of power head should I use?
any advice on equipment would be appreciated.
I have a aqueon 500 in there now just to have water circulation.

Here’s a picture of what I have now.
6.6 petco bookshelf aquarium
Eheim 50w heater
Fluval sea m24 led
Aqueon 500 circulation pump

B0898C0D-CE78-4634-917F-EB9F15F7FE0E.jpeg

Nice!

Welcome to the R2R community and happy reefing!!

Welcome To The Team GIF by memecandy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a little guy like that, you want to keep up on water changes and top off. Keep to success in a nano/pico like that. I ran a sucessful 6g pico for years with just a hang on back filter with carbon sometimes and rock rubble and a sponge.

Oh, welcome!

OP
OP
A

ap1194

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
On a little guy like that, you want to keep up on water changes and top off. Keep to success in a nano/pico like that. I ran a sucessful 6g pico for years with just a hang on back filter with carbon sometimes and rock rubble and a sponge.

Oh, welcome!
What kind of filter did you have on it?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Fluval Edge 6g and just the filter that came with it. Like I said though, I put ruble in the back along with a sponge and sometimes chemiblue packet. My pump for flow was a little nano koralia. Tiny thing and you may want a bit more for the 13.5g. Good luck!

M

Max_nano

View Badges
Welcome! I agree with what others have said, Water changes will be your best friend/filtration for that tank. One of the LFS I go to has one like this on their counter and it just has a pump and then a custom glass protein skimmer, but I believe the protein skimmer is almost 50% just for the cool factor of a mini glass skimmer, wc will work well

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the best possible platform on the web to get answers and meet people within this saltwater keeping hobby! No doubt a place where you can get lost in all kinds of different and insightful information!

Another great place to snag info about this hobby we all love is YouTube! I have a channel going that is basically just my journey in reefing! May have some helpful tips and tricks for ya! Let me know if you get a chance to check it out! Again, welcome to R2R!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hope you had a great Holiday and are enjoying the resources on R2R

Back