Hello everyone!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Denver,
I have had at least one reef tank since my first in 2007.
Started off with a 36 cube and a canister filter, moved 1600 miles with it to Calgary, AB and changed it up for a sump finally. Moved once there, had an incident and lost all of the fish and let the tank get a bit neglected due to location in the house, but recovered and kept at it.
Then moved another 2100 miles across Canada to Toronto, and decided to go a little bigger with a 55 I had sitting around. Made the switch from Metal Halide to LED lighting, but had the tank in the kitchen area, so I could monitor and keep it in my mind constantly, and things were doing great....
Then I had to move back to Denver.
Wife was busy and let that tank go a bit, but eventually got a service in to maintain it for her. Luckily the fish were ok, but the corals definitely had a bad go there. She has since moved and that all transferred from the 55 to a 90, slim on corals but the fish are staying decently happy, the clowns lay eggs all the time, and my daughter loves watching them all.
Back here, I am limited on space, so I have a 15 gallon going on my counter, steadily growing some frags out, even had to get rid of a plate that got too big for the space.
Welcome to THE best saltwater online forum! This is a great place to be an awesome place to learn and also show off your beautiful piece of the ocean!

Again welcome!

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Denver,
I have had at least one reef tank since my first in 2007.
Started off with a 36 cube and a canister filter, moved 1600 miles with it to Calgary, AB and changed it up for a sump finally. Moved once there, had an incident and lost all of the fish and let the tank get a bit neglected due to location in the house, but recovered and kept at it.
Then moved another 2100 miles across Canada to Toronto, and decided to go a little bigger with a 55 I had sitting around. Made the switch from Metal Halide to LED lighting, but had the tank in the kitchen area, so I could monitor and keep it in my mind constantly, and things were doing great....
Then I had to move back to Denver.
Wife was busy and let that tank go a bit, but eventually got a service in to maintain it for her. Luckily the fish were ok, but the corals definitely had a bad go there. She has since moved and that all transferred from the 55 to a 90, slim on corals but the fish are staying decently happy, the clowns lay eggs all the time, and my daughter loves watching them all.
Back here, I am limited on space, so I have a 15 gallon going on my counter, steadily growing some frags out, even had to get rid of a plate that got too big for the space.
I admire your persistence!! Keeping it going, no matter what happens. Good for you. Thanks for joining the fishy family!!
mo farah running GIF by Nike

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome67.gif

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back