Hello everyone!

Colodano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Denver,
I have had at least one reef tank since my first in 2007.
Started off with a 36 cube and a canister filter, moved 1600 miles with it to Calgary, AB and changed it up for a sump finally. Moved once there, had an incident and lost all of the fish and let the tank get a bit neglected due to location in the house, but recovered and kept at it.
Then moved another 2100 miles across Canada to Toronto, and decided to go a little bigger with a 55 I had sitting around. Made the switch from Metal Halide to LED lighting, but had the tank in the kitchen area, so I could monitor and keep it in my mind constantly, and things were doing great....
Then I had to move back to Denver.
Wife was busy and let that tank go a bit, but eventually got a service in to maintain it for her. Luckily the fish were ok, but the corals definitely had a bad go there. She has since moved and that all transferred from the 55 to a 90, slim on corals but the fish are staying decently happy, the clowns lay eggs all the time, and my daughter loves watching them all.
Back here, I am limited on space, so I have a 15 gallon going on my counter, steadily growing some frags out, even had to get rid of a plate that got too big for the space.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Denver,
I have had at least one reef tank since my first in 2007.
Started off with a 36 cube and a canister filter, moved 1600 miles with it to Calgary, AB and changed it up for a sump finally. Moved once there, had an incident and lost all of the fish and let the tank get a bit neglected due to location in the house, but recovered and kept at it.
Then moved another 2100 miles across Canada to Toronto, and decided to go a little bigger with a 55 I had sitting around. Made the switch from Metal Halide to LED lighting, but had the tank in the kitchen area, so I could monitor and keep it in my mind constantly, and things were doing great....
Then I had to move back to Denver.
Wife was busy and let that tank go a bit, but eventually got a service in to maintain it for her. Luckily the fish were ok, but the corals definitely had a bad go there. She has since moved and that all transferred from the 55 to a 90, slim on corals but the fish are staying decently happy, the clowns lay eggs all the time, and my daughter loves watching them all.
Back here, I am limited on space, so I have a 15 gallon going on my counter, steadily growing some frags out, even had to get rid of a plate that got too big for the space.
Welcome!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back