Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fishy family!!
big eyes fish GIF

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Trey and I have an addiction to SPS corals. I have alway been drawn to SPS dominant tanks and in the 90's I decided I needed to build one for myself. What started off as a 55gal, quickly evolved into a 250gal SPS dominant tank over the span of a couple years. As you guys know it took years of hard work and countless hrs to get to where I wanted. After rougly 10yrs of building my dream tank, on a nice sunny day 4hrs out to start my wife's and my annual road trip, I get the call. A good friend of mine with zero experience was left to keep an eye out and feed the fish and what not. Well, he calls and tell me " your tank is milky white. Do i need to do something?" Not a good thing to hear when your 300 miles away. Anyhow, I lost everything. It was heartbreaking. I was beside myself and decided I was done and took it all down and got out of the hobby all together. Fast foward 15 years. I now have a 6yo boy and began noticing he was drawn to aquriums. Well, I relapsed and went down the rabbit hole again. Only this time on a nano scale. I have began building "my son" a nano SPS dominant tank. Im amazed with the technology thats available now to manage reef tanks. I currently have a 20gal Waterbox cube. It is an SPS dominant nano tank. Went with live rock and decided I wanted the look of a sand bed. Its been running since November. It is already loaded with frags which are doing beautifully. For circulation I run a Nero 3 power head and an Icecap gyre 2000. Return pump is a sicce 1.0. For lighting I went with 1 Radeon xr30 g5 pro blue. Controller is an Apex el. I also began dosing Aquaforest Component 1,2,3 via Apex DOS. For auto top off, Im using XP Aqua ultimate ATO. So far everything has been running smooth. I look foward to seeing and reading about everyones experience. Feels good to be back in the hobby.
Welcome!

whale GIF

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back