Hello Fellow Reefers!

Anathera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to get the time to sit down and introduce myself as things have been hectic and I've been praying for 36 hour days. I joined the forum a while ago and am making the time today to stop being rude and introduce myself.

My name is Ana and I'm from South Florida. I'm not new to the saltwater tank hobby but had a bit of a hiatus (as it seems a lot of us have so I've noticed here) from it for about 6 years (the last tank I had was a 55 gallon reef.) I am part of an aquarist heritage you might say, my dad introducing my sister and me to fresh water tanks when we were toddlers. My first tank was a 10 gallon (the old fashioned type with the metal frames on a cast iron stand LOL) and I bred blue gourami at about 13. We had our first saltwater tank when I was 15 and have had tanks ever since (that was about 45 years ago.) Here in the house we have 2 nano reef tanks and 9 freshwater tanks with 2 turtle ponds and a "monster fish" pond out on the patio. My kids maintain the others... I started a 13 gal EVO nano reef tank in February 2021 which looks like a disaster with algae and aiptasia right now so no recent photos yet (this tank is ALL mine .) I got way behind on media changes and water changes around last Christmas after company and then coming down with COVID in January and the tank still recovering. You can bet I'll never forget a media change again! I'll start a thread in builds when I have a bit more time but for now, I'll just add a couple new setup photos here.

I hope to get a build thread going soon! I've skimmed through a lot of the builds and really love what I've seen. Just need more time!
Anyway, nice to meet you all and if you ask me a question and you don't get a prompt reply, I'm not being rude, just probably haven't been online "socially" but I'll catch up.

Ana

2021-03-13 13.33.28.jpg 2021-03-22 12.34.36.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back