Hello, first time reefer from Idaho.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Omg it’s amazing is it really true that finally someone else in Idaho other than myself has a reef tank. Oh my please say it’s not so lol. But welcome and this is literally the place where everybody uncle is bob. (It’s a uk thing), anyway what part of Idaho and the people here are lovely. In terms of Marvin the Martian where are the pics there were suppose to be an amazing amount of pics”?

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there and welcome to R2R! This is a great forum to use! I am also from Idaho myself so it's nice to see more of us on here. I am in the southeast part of Idaho, in Pocatello. Where are you two at? :D

Hello,

Omg it’s amazing is it really true that finally someone else in Idaho other than myself has a reef tank. Oh my please say it’s not so lol. But welcome and this is literally the place where everybody uncle is bob. (It’s a uk thing), anyway what part of Idaho and the people here are lovely. In terms of Marvin the Martian where are the pics there were suppose to be an amazing amount of pics”?

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My name is Alex and I purchased my first saltwater tank in April of 2019. My setup is as follows:

RedSea Reefer 525XL
2x AI Hydra 52 HD
Kessil A380 grow light
2x MP40WQD
2x Finnex 300 watt Titanium Heater

Currently most of my fish are still in quarantine but my current stock list is as follows:

Blue Hippo Tang,
Powder Blue Tang
Purple Tang
Yellow Kole Eye Tang
2x Lightening Maroon Clownfish
3x Percula Clownfish
Yellow Headed Watchman Goby
Cleaner Wrasse
Cleaner Shrimp

Currently I have several bubbletip anemones, and a torch, eventually I would like to get into SPS.

Looking forward to learning!
From Callyfornia, welcome, comrade

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

spockwelcome.jpg

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely good to get tangs from different “families” but with that said...... you got a “lot” of them. You will need a future plan, because the Kole is really the only one that can stay in a tank that sized long term, and honestly stress would be my #1 concern with that stocking list

OP
OP
Alex C

Alex C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I can’t believe the welcome response! What a great group of people! I’m excited to join in! For the Idahoans I’m from Meridian.

As for the clowns and the tangs... yeah the clowns kind of went through an adjustment period but so far so good... as for the tangs, yeah I planned on eventually either getting a larger tank or finding a new home for them at some point.

At this point I do have every fish on the stock list but all are in quarantine except the inverts including the anemones which are in the DT.

I will certainly post up some pics soon!!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back