daileyo

daileyo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Sorry for such an incredibly long delay in posting pics and what not. I guess late is better than never.

Shortly after my post, my family (not me directly) was hit very hard by the Paradise Camp Fire. I forgot about my post for quite awhile, and then debated about posting, given all the time that had past. I do have photos of it, both from then, as well as now. I'll post the "then" photos here since it was a startup at the time. I am considering doing a build thread of the various transitions, successes and failures, if there is interest. I've learned a lot and the tank has changed a bit through lessons learned and tinkering. I still have a lot more to learn.

Anyway, here are pictures I'd taken to post back then. I've also included a couple from the drama that took place a day or so after these. There are a few failures immediatly visible in these pictures... though I didn't know them at the time. One of them became a success, despite starting as a failure.

MVIMG_20181106_193401.jpg

MVIMG_20181106_193718.jpg

MVIMG_20181106_194116.jpg

My cats toy space was reduced when I setup the tank. He actually didn't seem to mind it.. he watches the tank even today just as much if not more than me. He has never caused problems with it though.

I just can't post the above without posting pics of what happened so shortly afterwards.

IMG_20181108_085708.jpg
IMG_20181108_150143.jpg

IMG_20181109_111156.jpg

This was around 1pm that day. The smoke was so thick the street lights came back on in the neighborhood. The glow on the upper right was the fire itself. It was ~ 20 miles away

PANO_20181215_140347.vr.jpg

This was a few weeks later. My dad, sister, and brother in-law lost their house, and this is what was left. My dad moved in with me for around 8 months until he could get a new place. He had a freshwater aquarium that he lost along with everything else. An upside: He was completely safe along with his cat. Both he and his cat have a new place... and he has setup an new fresh water tank. So has my sister in their new place.

I'm still the only salt water person in the family. I may convert my brother though.

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Sorry for such an incredibly long delay in posting pics and what not. I guess late is better than never.

Shortly after my post, my family (not me directly) was hit very hard by the Paradise Camp Fire. I forgot about my post for quite awhile, and then debated about posting, given all the time that had past. I do have photos of it, both from then, as well as now. I'll post the "then" photos here since it was a startup at the time. I am considering doing a build thread of the various transitions, successes and failures, if there is interest. I've learned a lot and the tank has changed a bit through lessons learned and tinkering. I still have a lot more to learn.

Anyway, here are pictures I'd taken to post back then. I've also included a couple from the drama that took place a day or so after these. There are a few failures immediatly visible in these pictures... though I didn't know them at the time. One of them became a success, despite starting as a failure.

MVIMG_20181106_193401.jpg

MVIMG_20181106_193718.jpg

MVIMG_20181106_194116.jpg

My cats toy space was reduced when I setup the tank. He actually didn't seem to mind it.. he watches the tank even today just as much if not more than me. He has never caused problems with it though.

I just can't post the above without posting pics of what happened so shortly afterwards.

IMG_20181108_085708.jpg
IMG_20181108_150143.jpg

IMG_20181109_111156.jpg

This was around 1pm that day. The smoke was so thick the street lights came back on in the neighborhood. The glow on the upper right was the fire itself. It was ~ 20 miles away

PANO_20181215_140347.vr.jpg

This was a few weeks later. My dad, sister, and brother in-law lost their house, and this is what was left. My dad moved in with me for around 8 months until he could get a new place. He had a freshwater aquarium that he lost along with everything else. An upside: He was completely safe along with his cat. Both he and his cat have a new place... and he has setup an new fresh water tank. So has my sister in their new place.

I'm still the only salt water person in the family. I may convert my brother though.
Ouch man, but cool tank!

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Sorry to hear about the family going through the fire problems. Your tank looks great and good that you take things slowly in the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back