Hello from an aspiring reefer!

Nolanmf1209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very new to saltwater tanks and had become interested in them several years ago but never thought about it as a real possibility as it seemed like a huge commitment. My uncle however used to do tanks a lot and has just started one in his home and knew I was interested so I kind of got thrown in the deep end and for my birthday he sent me a tank and some of the equipment. I’m the sole caretaker of the tank I don’t have anyone to check up on it in person and I’m only 17 so I got my suspicions confirmed pretty quickly on how demanding the hobby is lol. But so far everything seems like it is going pretty well. I’ve had the tank since December 18 so only a month. It’s 20 gallons with a Fluval sea marine spectrum LED 20 watt, seachem tidal 35 filter, I’ve got a small power head in there and a heater as well. I have 3 Percula clownfish is there who seem to be getting along quite swimmingly (yeah I really am gonna be that guy) don’t seem to be pairing off or picking on each other, some snails, and some hermits as well. Everything seems to be going well but I’m looking to improve on whatever I can so I’m really looking for advice and where to go from here. I’m waiting until the 6 month mark to add coral to give everything a chance to stabilize.
73111C10-E727-4ABA-8EBA-2B925D3D9D0A.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back