0   0   0
image.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and to reefing a saltwater:)

Are you thinking of a centralized sump for all three?

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and to reefing a saltwater:)

Are you thinking of a centralized sump for all three?

I was thinking of going that route for the two display tanks, but the QT will need to be separate. To start off though, they will have separate sumps so any mistakes made will be limited to one tank, (hopefully). If all goes well I plan on building a remote sump room that will house the filtration for all my tanks. Since I am in AZ though, I cannot just put it in the garage unless I plan on putting an AC unit in there since we have several months of temperatures of 100° and above. I will have to put some time and thought into it, (and probably a ton on money) but that is the goal down the road.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of going that route for the two display tanks, but the QT will need to be separate. To start off though, they will have separate sumps so any mistakes made will be limited to one tank, (hopefully). If all goes well I plan on building a remote sump room that will house the filtration for all my tanks. Since I am in AZ though, I cannot just put it in the garage unless I plan on putting an AC unit in there since we have several months of temperatures of 100° and above. I will have to put some time and thought into it, (and probably a ton on money) but that is the goal down the road.

That is a great plan to have all the tanks separate in the beginning.:)

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R, and clown triggers are reef safe, just not safe with reef fish unless they are the smallest fish in the tank.
impx2 (2).jpg

Those are some good looking fish, (especially the Clown Trigger)!

I will definitely have some smaller fish since I have to have some Clown Fish and some Dwarf Angels and a Mandarin Goby and some small schooling fish and a a decent size clean up crew that I would not want to be eaten if I can avoid it. I think the best thing to do is to keep the more aggressive fish in a different tank. I may end up with some corrals eventually, but I want to control the environment and limit the amount of causalities while I figure things out.

Back