Hello from Canada (Calgary, Alberta)

emkovar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Messages
27
Reaction score
43
Location
Calgary, Alberta Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Ive been looking a re-joining the hobby after a 10yr hiatus. I started 2 planted FW aquariums this last year and added a planted betta tank at the end of November.

My last tank was a Fluval Spec V with mainly LPS and inverts. I was thinking about going bigger this time, somewhere between 30 and 50gal and doing a mixed reef tank. Ive been reviewing all the requirements and have just started looking at tanks.

I'm telling myself to take it slow! So we'll see how long it takes before I have a new build thread :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Here's a picture of my original scape after cycling & prior to first inhabitants!

2015-04-30 21.27.32.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R! Looking good!
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move
 
Hello all!

Ive been looking a re-joining the hobby after a 10yr hiatus. I started 2 planted FW aquariums this last year and added a planted betta tank at the end of November.

My last tank was a Fluval Spec V with mainly LPS and inverts. I was thinking about going bigger this time, somewhere between 30 and 50gal and doing a mixed reef tank. Ive been reviewing all the requirements and have just started looking at tanks.

I'm telling myself to take it slow! So we'll see how long it takes before I have a new build thread :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Here's a picture of my original scape after cycling & prior to first inhabitants!

2015-04-30 21.27.32.jpg
Welcome to R2R!!! I have a 45 gallon. Still new to the hobby. Learning more every day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new