Hello from Canada!

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so so so much, this is awesome info and it will really help. I'll make a post on a FB group for the local-ish reefers and see what they say. I sent a message off to a local fish store guy and see what he says. I do like the idea of hiring pro tank movers but I would be very surprised if I have that around here. I would absolutely eat the $200 as well.

Good call on the tools also. I emailed back-and-forth with the owner of the store and he said absolutely do not sign for it until the glass is inspected and have some tools ready. I have heard stories of some delivery people not wanting to wait/making a fuss, which I hope I don't encounter! I will try to get my boyfriend to come home also and give me a hand opening if needed.

Just getting the tank here and in place safely is a major task in itself!
These are just the things/blocks I’m coming into and experiencing as I do all this new stuff. I’d even say asking a few local reefers might even place it for free. Just get a case of beer.
There was absolutely no way I could get everything inspected in under 30 minutes. So I chanced it. Just inspected the sump box since I could not lift the sump off the top even. The delivery guy was great though. Willing to wait and even helped. To get just the ply wood top off there were 16 tabs that you need to hammer a screw driver behind to bend out then up with pliers to get completely flat. Then the sharp metal edges to pull up in. Then another 16 on the bottom and 2 for each corner to completely get it apart. So total of 40 prongs to uncrimp. Inside is a cardboard box top with sides and in place with styrofoam. Once you get that off it has a plastic bag. At the time I was just concerned with the sump since the cardboard was damaged. But looks OK.

Attachments

• IMG_9728.jpeg
    IMG_9728.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9724.jpeg
    IMG_9724.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9729.jpeg
    IMG_9729.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
sugar

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are just the things/blocks I’m coming into and experiencing as I do all this new stuff. I’d even say asking a few local reefers might even place it for free. Just get a case of beer.
There was absolutely no way I could get everything inspected in under 30 minutes. So I chanced it. Just inspected the sump box since I could not lift the sump off the top even. The delivery guy was great though. Willing to wait and even helped. To get just the ply wood top off there were 16 tabs that you need to hammer a screw driver behind to bend out then up with pliers to get completely flat. Then the sharp metal edges to pull up in. Then another 16 on the bottom and 2 for each corner to completely get it apart. So total of 40 prongs to uncrimp. Inside is a cardboard box top with sides and in place with styrofoam. Once you get that off it has a plastic bag. At the time I was just concerned with the sump since the cardboard was damaged. But looks OK.

Oh MY that is rugged!! Not a bad thing, but I will be informing the boyfriend to take that day off of work :grinning-face-with-sweat:

I am so glad everything was ok for you!! What a relief.

OP
OP
sugar

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I’m setting up a IM 112 in my base office. Loving tank, until I just finally looked in stand and started thinking what can I fit in here, and wouldn’t you know, not much- like you said.

Thank you for the welcome! Everyone is so nice around here!!!

The IM 112 is so cool! I LOVE the dimensions (I love the Lagoons anyways) and I love the euro-bracing. But yeah, it just sucks there's otherwise no room in the stand!!! We will have to get creative :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and I've seen some of your posts or responses before. I always hit the like button on everyones post/response. I'm similar to you where I never did a tank build and never posted a new member thread. I guess I could find some of the photos and post it. Always exciting to set up a new tank!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back