OP
OP
sugar

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I’m in the process of setting up a 112EXT. Did you get the whole kit? It’s built really well and super heavy.

I'd love to see that!!

I did, I got the complete reef system. I'm totally nervous lifting that 200lb+ box of glass. It's really insane, but ultimately was one of the big reasons I went IM. I also wanted the whole kit where this is my first time working with a sump, so the full package is ideal for me!

Actually, my very first post here on R2R was a cry for help choosing between the IM 100 EXT and RSR G2+ 350. In the end, I actually also looked at the IM SR Pro 2 80 AIO. It would be super cool, and I love AIO, and the size was there (I just wanted ~75-100gal and 4 feet) but I just know I'd resent myself for not getting the flexibility with the sump, etc. BUT I also liked RS's sump more.. the decision was a struggle.

Andddd that is also when I noticed how fast posts get buried around here lol.

I got a skimmer and a few other accessories, but my next big thing will be a lid. I was hoping to get on of the assembled mesh lids by IM, as it would certainly do the trick for me, but I don't think this model comes with it (but many others do). I'll probably get a nice custom lid, but $$$ for sure!!

If this is the big girl build, then I need to take what I've learned and get what I really want/need the first time - it always seems to cost more in the end when I try to cheap out! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see that!!

I did, I got the complete reef system. I'm totally nervous lifting that 200lb+ box of glass. It's really insane, but ultimately was one of the big reasons I went IM. I also wanted the whole kit where this is my first time working with a sump, so the full package is ideal for me!

Actually, my very first post here on R2R was a cry for help choosing between the IM 100 EXT and RSR G2+ 350. In the end, I actually also looked at the IM SR Pro 2 80 AIO. It would be super cool, and I love AIO, and the size was there (I just wanted ~75-100gal and 4 feet) but I just know I'd resent myself for not getting the flexibility with the sump, etc. BUT I also liked RS's sump more.. the decision was a struggle.

Andddd that is also when I noticed how fast posts get buried around here lol.

I got a skimmer and a few other accessories, but my next big thing will be a lid. I was hoping to get on of the assembled mesh lids by IM, as it would certainly do the trick for me, but I don't think this model comes with it (but many others do). I'll probably get a nice custom lid, but $$$ for sure!!

If this is the big girl build, then I need to take what I've learned and get what I really want/need the first time - it always seems to cost more in the end when I try to cheap out! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
The 112 came with a screen lid. Some companies make custom lids but are pricy. There’s also do it your self kits. https://toplids.com/products/innova...-custom-polycarbonate-aquarium-screen-top-lid

OP
OP
sugar

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I STAND CORRECTED.

I just checked for the 5th time (must be too excited), but it should come with the preassembled mesh screen, like yours did. Yay!

Not ruling out a custom lid in the future. They are so sweet.
I thought they all did but only the 112 and bigger get the euro brace so thought maybe that’s when they included the screen. It fits well but there is a bit of sag in it where it could have been tighter. But it’s one less thing to buy right now took me a month though from when I got the tank to getting people to place it. (Soon) one thing I haven’t looked further yet is the plumbing to sump attachment. The plumbing is sent attached to the brackets to connect it but then the sump has another set and the fittings. I’m guessing it’s because they just include the sump that’s also sold separately instead of taking those pieces out? As an fyi…they do not include socks. You need to buy those separately and they are on sale now at 20% off. They only include the cotton balls.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a lurker for a long time, so it feels odd saying I'm new here!

I just have my IM 25g Lagoon set up as a little mixed reef, and it is still quite new. It's had its little ups and downs, which I think is normal for the most part (right?!).

Actually, I had set this tank up years ago but had taken it down to return to school (back in 2019). And just this May I started it back up!

I'll be starting a tank build thread as I have just purchased, only minutes ago, my first real BIG GIRL tank. After agonizing over the decision for quite a while, and some last minute back-and-forth, I decided to go with the IM 100 EXT. I cannot wait to get this thing going. Stay tuned.

For now, here are a few recent and old photos of the Lagoon.

Here's what it looks like now (just coming out of some nutrient and algae issues, which kept a lot of corals from growing):

20231005_171856.jpg

20231005_171442.jpg

20231114_170854.jpg

But, man, back in the day (I wish I never took it down!):

20181230_093525.jpg

20181230_101659.jpg

Towards the end here I was starting to struggle a little with persistent cyano and algae. I knew it was a losing battle if I were to try to tackle these issues while starting a challenging program in school... so I broke it down!

20190803_172357.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
welcometuna.gif

OP
OP
sugar

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought they all did but only the 112 and bigger get the euro brace so thought maybe that’s when they included the screen. It fits well but there is a bit of sag in it where it could have been tighter. But it’s one less thing to buy right now took me a month though from when I got the tank to getting people to place it. (Soon) one thing I haven’t looked further yet is the plumbing to sump attachment. The plumbing is sent attached to the brackets to connect it but then the sump has another set and the fittings. I’m guessing it’s because they just include the sump that’s also sold separately instead of taking those pieces out? As an fyi…they do not include socks. You need to buy those separately and they are on sale now at 20% off. They only include the cotton balls.

I assumed all of the plumbing would be in pieces and it will be a big game of Lego with assembly.

We have to paint and put new floors down in the basement before the tank can go in, so it may be sitting in the garage for a few weeks (depending on when it gets here, I guess!).

Do you have a build thread for your setup?? Or still in the early stages, sounds like!

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assumed all of the plumbing would be in pieces and it will be a big game of Lego with assembly.

We have to paint and put new floors down in the basement before the tank can go in, so it may be sitting in the garage for a few weeks (depending on when it gets here, I guess!).

Do you have a build thread for your setup?? Or still in the early stages, sounds like!
FYI…I was advised to not keep it where freezing temperatures would affect the silicone. Unless your garage is heated, you might want to bring it in and place a plywood top on it swapping it with your coffee table until you can place it. Plus moving that across a snowy walk and ice might not be a good idea. The suction cups might even be affected.

I started the build thread with a few pictures but the tank hasn’t been placed yet.

Edit to include build thread start

OP
OP
sugar

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI…I was advised to not keep it where freezing temperatures would affect the silicone. Unless your garage is heated, you might want to bring it in and place a plywood top on it swapping it with your coffee table until you can place it. Plus moving that across a snowy walk and ice might not be a good idea. The suction cups might even be affected.

I started the build thread with a few pictures but the tank hasn’t been placed yet.

Yes thank you!! It would be cold in the garage so I'll have to get help to bring it in and put it... somewhere. Lol.

I actually need to source some suction cups, or would 3-4 people be fine, do you think?? We have an attached garage, then right after the door into the house there's 5 stairs going down into the room where it'll be placed. So, very short distance, just 5 stairs going down, and then up on the stand of course. :grimacing-face:

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes thank you!! It would be cold in the garage so I'll have to get help to bring it in and put it... somewhere. Lol.

I actually need to source some suction cups, or would 3-4 people be fine, do you think?? We have an attached garage, then right after the door into the house there's 5 stairs going down into the room where it'll be placed. So, very short distance, just 5 stairs going down, and then up on the stand of course. :grimacing-face:
I hired people that move and relocate tanks for a living. They will bring suction cups and said 3 guys to do it. Suction cups cost around $80 for 2 that would lift that type of weight. My thought is professionals guarantee the accidental drop over a few friends saying “sorry” type of thing then everyone feels bad. So I can eat the $200 bill for someone without buying/renting cups. Which BRS I believe sell the cups then have a restocking fee when you return them as their “rental” program. If you free carry, I’d recommend buying non slip gloves for everyone at least. An LFS local to you might have cups and ask them who they use when they have stuff delivered.

The box they ship it in takes a long time to get open. If you need to inspect while the delivery guy is there have ready pliers, pry bar, flat screw driver together. The system them use they bend tips into a slot and hard to get it out of without bending it with pliers etc… I chanced mine because they did it so well but the sump was just strapped to the top and the box was damaged. That was easy to inspect but didn’t fill with water for leaks. The guy just took pictures of the box, asked for a value and signed it for “potential” damage. But it looks just fine. I think they just singed the strap too tight and the box was just corner protected with styrofoam. The pump was inside the sump and the plumbing was inside the tank. But yeah, it takes a while to take the whole plywood box apart.

OP
OP
sugar

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hired people that move and relocate tanks for a living. They will bring suction cups and said 3 guys to do it. Suction cups cost around $80 for 2 that would lift that type of weight. My thought is professionals guarantee the accidental drop over a few friends saying “sorry” type of thing then everyone feels bad. So I can eat the $200 bill for someone without buying/renting cups. Which BRS I believe sell the cups then have a restocking fee when you return them as their “rental” program. If you free carry, I’d recommend buying non slip gloves for everyone at least. An LFS local to you might have cups and ask them who they use when they have stuff delivered.

The box they ship it in takes a long time to get open. If you need to inspect while the delivery guy is there have ready pliers, pry bar, flat screw driver together. The system them use they bend tips into a slot and hard to get it out of without bending it with pliers etc… I chanced mine because they did it so well but the sump was just strapped to the top and the box was damaged. That was easy to inspect but didn’t fill with water for leaks. The guy just took pictures of the box, asked for a value and signed it for “potential” damage. But it looks just fine. I think they just singed the strap too tight and the box was just corner protected with styrofoam. The pump was inside the sump and the plumbing was inside the tank. But yeah, it takes a while to take the whole plywood box apart.

Thank you so so so much, this is awesome info and it will really help. I'll make a post on a FB group for the local-ish reefers and see what they say. I sent a message off to a local fish store guy and see what he says. I do like the idea of hiring pro tank movers but I would be very surprised if I have that around here. I would absolutely eat the $200 as well.

Good call on the tools also. I emailed back-and-forth with the owner of the store and he said absolutely do not sign for it until the glass is inspected and have some tools ready. I have heard stories of some delivery people not wanting to wait/making a fuss, which I hope I don't encounter! I will try to get my boyfriend to come home also and give me a hand opening if needed.

Just getting the tank here and in place safely is a major task in itself!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back