Welcome to Reef2Reef
Welcome.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a long time lurker on the forum as i got started with the reefing hobby about a year and a half ago. I've learned so many things from the members here which has been a huge help. So its about time I officially join the forum!

After 19 months of owning a Biocube 32 and a Biocube 16 for a quarantine tank, i finally upgraded to a new Waterbox Marine X 90.3 with Radion X30 G6 lighting. I'm taking my time as i plan my set up so will get started after new year. Hopefully take advantage of any after xmas sales.

From my research so far, here is what I'm planning to go with:

1. Hydros X4/XP8 Pro Pack controller
2. VarioS 4 Return Pump
3. Red Sea Reefmat 500 ( after modifying the sump)
4. Reef Octopus ESsence S-130 skimmer
5. Nyos Torq 1.0 media reactor
6. IceCap 2K Gyre Wave P6ump with Hydros Wave Engine controllers
7. Various Hydros sensors and ATO
8. IceCap battery backup.
9. Two BRS 200W heaters with controller

The tank will be primarily softies and LPS so one Radion X30 Gen 6 will be enough since the new version has a spread of 42 inches? Same with the wave pump as i don't think i need more flow if I'm not doing SPS.

Thoughts and advice welcome!

Welcome! Glad you joined. I'll defer to others on the light question but if you cluster your softies in the center that also makes a difference how you plan layout (and might help you get away with single light over 42" - depth also makes a difference)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Its never too early and you might even consider what you have above copied over to a new thread in Forum > Member Aquariums

This might help you find people local to you near Westminster CO:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
StaticKlingman

StaticKlingman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. I'll defer to others on the light question but if you cluster your softies in the center that also makes a difference how you plan layout (and might help you get away with single light over 42" - depth also makes a difference)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Its never too early and you might even consider what you have above copied over to a new thread in Forum > Member Aquariums

This might help you find people local to you near Westminster CO:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you for the welcome and the links! I will definitely start a build thread as you suggested and will post pics. Right now its still in its box so not much to look at but plan on getting things set up after the holidays. I'm getting anxious to get things started!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back