Hello from Cornwall, uk

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

New to the reef hobby as of about a week ago. Got a nice little Juwel Rio LED 125 added some live rock from the LFS and today a couple little frags.

I'm hoping to gain a bit more knowledge whilst here and who knows make some friends in the hobby.

I've added a few photos of the frags I picked up not sure what they are as they weren't labeled in the store I just liked the look. Tried a little search pretty sure the one is a everlasting gobstopper zoa but its so small at the min and I added them about 30 mins before the lights went out so they only just started opening up.

The other maybe a type of xenia and then the other not a clue kinda like a zoa without so many of the little feely things round the edge.

Haha well you can tell I'm new. Bought the live rock pieces that are in the tank and am hoping to add the rest as the dry rock stuff that I can maybe build a decent scape with. Figured get live rock in to help speed up the initial process.

One thing I kinda wish I had done from the start was dip everything as I did spot a 1/4 inch size starfish come off one of the rocks but I figure its in there now il have to deal with the consequences.

Looking forward to getting going anyways

IMG_20201215_193042_119.jpg 20201215_193857.jpg 20201215_194032.jpg 20201215_180233.jpg
Welcome!

whale GIF

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back