Hello from Cornwall, uk

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

New to the reef hobby as of about a week ago. Got a nice little Juwel Rio LED 125 added some live rock from the LFS and today a couple little frags.

I'm hoping to gain a bit more knowledge whilst here and who knows make some friends in the hobby.

I've added a few photos of the frags I picked up not sure what they are as they weren't labeled in the store I just liked the look. Tried a little search pretty sure the one is a everlasting gobstopper zoa but its so small at the min and I added them about 30 mins before the lights went out so they only just started opening up.

The other maybe a type of xenia and then the other not a clue kinda like a zoa without so many of the little feely things round the edge.

Haha well you can tell I'm new. Bought the live rock pieces that are in the tank and am hoping to add the rest as the dry rock stuff that I can maybe build a decent scape with. Figured get live rock in to help speed up the initial process.

One thing I kinda wish I had done from the start was dip everything as I did spot a 1/4 inch size starfish come off one of the rocks but I figure its in there now il have to deal with the consequences.

Looking forward to getting going anyways

IMG_20201215_193042_119.jpg 20201215_193857.jpg 20201215_194032.jpg 20201215_180233.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.... :)

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
CornishCrustyCorals

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the stability stuff as instructed and added chemi pure and pure regen to the filter I haven't added fish etc figured that would be too soon just added these very small frags today just to see what happens i was going to add more rock at a later date or is that not wise? Its only got about 4kg of LR right now

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the stability stuff as instructed and added chemi pure and pure regen to the filter I haven't added fish etc figured that would be too soon just added these very small frags today just to see what happens i was going to add more rock at a later date or is that not wise? Its only got about 4kg
Yeah it’s best to get advice of the big guys, I’m newish to the hobby myself, so I don’t want to say anything that could be wrong, I know that the Bactria will die off in your tank causing the nitrogen cycle, and when adding the rock it should all be added/scaped prior to adding water, there will be guys that can break this down so much more Scientifically than I can, just don’t want you wasting money or creating a rod for your own back ☺️

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to have you here @CornishCrustyCorals !! Nice to see something Cornish besides Game hens.. Which are Tasty if I do say so myself. In Any event, ask many questions and question everything.. Lots of information to be gained here.. I know not all products are going to line up between several countries represented on here but there are substitutes for many. Good Luck to you!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back