OP
OP
CornishCrustyCorals

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yea I kinda figured with getting the live rock it had all the goodness already in it along with the water from their system that I am then slowly changing with water changes it should be ok I plan to add the rock next anyways and leave it with just these frags as my little testers.
Once Xmas is over and the tanks couple months older then I'd be looking to add a few things.
The kids obviously want clown fish and then I want one of the sand spitting things not a goby the one that kinda sits around not doing much.
I'd love a nice zoa garden but my LFS doesn't have much variety so maybe il find some online etc

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yea I kinda figured with getting the live rock it had all the goodness already in it along with the water from their system that I am then slowly changing with water changes it should be ok I plan to add the rock next anyways and leave it with just these frags as my little testers.
Once Xmas is over and the tanks couple months older then I'd be looking to add a few things.
The kids obviously want clown fish and then I want one of the sand spitting things not a goby the one that kinda sits around not doing much.
I'd love a nice zoa garden but my LFS doesn't have much variety so maybe il find some online etc
Sounds great! I think you should get some research done, your 100% in the right place for all the info you need, but just read all you can about setting up a new aquarium, most things on this hobby are expensive, it’s cost me and my partner £2,400 so far and that was before we had 2 clowns in, just take your time!

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

New to the reef hobby as of about a week ago. Got a nice little Juwel Rio LED 125 added some live rock from the LFS and today a couple little frags.

I'm hoping to gain a bit more knowledge whilst here and who knows make some friends in the hobby.

I've added a few photos of the frags I picked up not sure what they are as they weren't labeled in the store I just liked the look. Tried a little search pretty sure the one is a everlasting gobstopper zoa but its so small at the min and I added them about 30 mins before the lights went out so they only just started opening up.

The other maybe a type of xenia and then the other not a clue kinda like a zoa without so many of the little feely things round the edge.

Haha well you can tell I'm new. Bought the live rock pieces that are in the tank and am hoping to add the rest as the dry rock stuff that I can maybe build a decent scape with. Figured get live rock in to help speed up the initial process.

One thing I kinda wish I had done from the start was dip everything as I did spot a 1/4 inch size starfish come off one of the rocks but I figure its in there now il have to deal with the consequences.

Looking forward to getting going anyways

IMG_20201215_193042_119.jpg 20201215_193857.jpg 20201215_194032.jpg 20201215_180233.jpg
Hello and welcome to the channel.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Looks like you are progressing well so far. Rubertoe93 is right when he mentioned importance of cycling. Take things slowly. Don’t let LFS talk you into buying every time you visit. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A belated welcome and hopes that you’re enjoying the resources of R2R

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back