Hello from Italy!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
I’m from Italy and i’m glad i found this forum, thanks for all the things you guys have unintentionally taught me already!
I‘ve bought a cubic nano reef for softies (8 gallons, no sump and no skimmer) this week and now i just have to wait for some more rock and the usual month for it to cycle.
My cat is already loving it! (Apparently he likes salt water)
9503F1D7-8D85-44BE-BEC2-CFF87360E560.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined. We always think of fish jumping, but photo seems like your cat is already practicing Scoop Method - not allowed in official Olympic Carpet Surfing Fish Trials, but the end result of this deadly sport is dead fish - either fish jump and surf or get kitty scoop and surf. Some sort of cover over tank should help with fish leaving tank to roam about on floor (or in kitty belly).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Italy:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! It seems that saltwater appeals to some pets. Our dog's nickname is 'reef dog' because he loves to 'help' when I work on the tank. He has to smell everything I put in or take out of the tank and I have to cover the saltwater when I'm mixing it because he like to stick his nose in the water.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Live in Turin, in the north of Italy, i hope you enjoyed your time here!

Thanks! And as we say in response “crepi”!
My partners family all are in Albareto so we mostly stayed there .. Hey you ever go to reef joker’s store (on IG)? He is around Milan I believe ..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back