Hello from Maryland!

Jamie knight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I've recently created an account and started posting and just wanted to introduce myself here to everyone whose already been so positive on my first post and to others I've yet to meet! My name is Jamie, and I live in Maryland with my fiance(we get married in October) and my 3 dogs, and 7 fish tanks. I've loved fish all my life and had several tanks as a teenager raising tiger barbs and bala sharks and such and then had a lapse during college. I then moved on to raising african cichlids which are still near and dear to my heart. However, I moved from NC to MD and had to have those all re-homed as moving the tank wasn't feasible at that time. But now me and my fiance are home owners and the tank addiction has begun a new over the past year, including my first saltwater experience.
I wanted to wait until we were permanently settled for my first reef tank, and now that we are I'm about 3-4 months into the tank. Its been a learning experience but I'm now past the diatom blooms, and green hair algae and I'm finally seeing coraline algae and these adorable white sponges appear in the tank along with healthy coral growth. In addition, my fiance always wanted to be a marine biologist, and always wanted a lionfish... so I got my reef tank, and she now has her lionfish, dwarf as it may be we love him like a child. Now onto the tanks!

75 Gallon- Reef Tank(20 gallon sump, 10 gallon Refugium):
Fish: Dwarf Zebra lionfish named Mufasa, 1 blue damsel, 1 algae blenny
Coral: Purple tip hammer, Galaxea, pipe organ, Hollywood stunner, red cap monti, stylophora, zoas both paly and non paly. 1 Acro. 1 green favia. They are all mostly baby frags a couple of inches large.

10 gallon nano reef:
Fish: 2 onyx percula clowns
Coral: 2 mushrooms and some zoas. Maybe an anemone one day, a small one..

20 gallon fresh planted tank:
5 cobra guppies
1 marble molly
1 other guppy that's not a cobra whose name I can't remember(darnit)

20 gallon fresh planted tank:
4 dwarf puffers
9 neon tetras

6 nano fresh planted tank:
Exclusively for breeding ghost shrimp (the lion has to eat something)

2 three gallon tanks each with one betta

And thats all of them. It seems like a lot but luckily I work at home with lots of capability to manage my own time and work schedule so I can always be sure to properly look after them all!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and thanks for introducing yourself :)
tenor.gif
#WelcometoR2R

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to the greatest r.eef site know to man or woman. congrats on buying a home in this great state.i live in aaco md and am a member of cmas.you should check out this local reefing club.it's a great bunch of guys and gals.pm me if ya want to talk to a local guy about reefing

OP
OP
Jamie knight

Jamie knight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to the greatest r.eef site know to man or woman. congrats on buying a home in this great state.i live in aaco md and am a member of cmas.you should check out this local reefing club.it's a great bunch of guys and gals.pm me if ya want to talk to a local guy about reefing

That sounds awesome! Do you know where aaco is in relation to Westminster?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back