Hello from Maryland!

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, great forum here. I had a nano tank and 45 tall about 15 years ago that was mainly fowlr but had some mushrooms and anemomes. Havent had a tank in over 10 years. Not my ideal set (wanted a sump tank) up but got a 38 gallon aqueon with tidal 110, aquamaxx hob 1.5, titanium 200w heater/contoller, jeabo wavemakers and doser, kessil 160s and a homemade aquamaxx fr-se chaeto reactor. Has about 30 lbs of cultured and real reef live rock and 30 lbs live sand. Tank has been running for almost 2 weeks and I couldn't be happier! So great to be in the hobby again. Stocked a very small cuc, fire shrimp and two small ocellaris clowns. They are doing great so far, both clowns and shrimp eating from my hand . Going to wait another 3-4 weeks to stabilize and begin adding some soft corals and gsp, possibly a dwarf angel of some sort. Reccomendations? Ultimate goal is to keep an anemone again but will let the tank mature first. Already gathered a weath of info here so thank you much. Amazing how things have progressed in 10 years. If anyone has some chaeto they are throwing out, please let me pay for a bag/postage and your time to send it my way!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
20191108_190624.jpg

Really Great to have you as part of the R2R Family…WELCOME….Explore…Learn…Share...Nice Tank!!

HoUw.gif

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back