Hello from Maryland

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I just got back into freshwater hobby last month and set up a 75 gallon African cichlid tank. While visiting the local LFS I checked out their reefs and was immediately drawn to their torches and anemones. The colors, movement and the life drew me in. Now I'm hooked:) I just bought a 40 gallon cube all in one and I'm excited to get started reefin!

Not as interested in the cichlid tank anymore haha.

Welcome! Glad you joined. You MUST go check out Pacific East Aquaculture - HOLY COW - YOU ARE LOCAL TO THEM - I had to fly into BWI, stay with mom, trek over Bay Bridge, drive like going to Ocean City - WOW - super jealous - took this video for my local club while I was on MD Eastern Shore:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Reeferjunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r
star-wars-baby-yoda.gif

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I just got back into freshwater hobby last month and set up a 75 gallon African cichlid tank. While visiting the local LFS I checked out their reefs and was immediately drawn to their torches and anemones. The colors, movement and the life drew me in. Now I'm hooked:) I just bought a 40 gallon cube all in one and I'm excited to get started reefin!

If you do go with the cichlids which I had. They are very personable, and breed well. They even seem to stop before the tank is over stocked. But warning. If you get Malawi yellows they are prone to Malawi Bloat. I lost all mine to that because I could not get the necessary anti Biotic here. It is caused by feeding them fish additives. They are strictly vegetarians

jwill4400

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

You'll still love your fresh babies. I started with a biocube 32 it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. All inclusive is great way to begin.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
K

kramer_reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. You MUST go check out Pacific East Aquaculture - HOLY COW - YOU ARE LOCAL TO THEM - I had to fly into BWI, stay with mom, trek over Bay Bridge, drive like going to Ocean City - WOW - super jealous - took this video for my local club while I was on MD Eastern Shore:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Thanks for the reference! And yes tmrw I might make the trek down to that shop. It's about 40 minutes from my house.

I might document my tank build, I'm not sure yet.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,

Welcome! Which LFS’s do you go to?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back