Hello from Miami Lakes, FL

Petermiamilakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Returning to the reef hobby. Had a 90 gal corner tank with no overflow and poor lighting. My kids loved sitting with me and watching our own reef. But as explained the limited equipment and funds to improve soon became disappointing and frustrating. We recently purchased a Fluval Flex marine 32.5 gal tank. After setting up with live sand and a mixture of life and live rock, I changed the filtration system by adding 2 intank media baskets. The tank has finally cycled and I am in need of getting the right spectrum on the Fluval Marine 3.0 lighting that came with the tank. The light boast 25,000k and has an app to control the lighting spectrum. So far I am using a slightly modified preset, see attached. Now I am looking to add softies like shrooms, Xenia’, zoo‘s and I have been looking at a torch frag in my lfs. Now that I have briefed you all, I ask for any suggestions for improving the lighting. R2R has been highly rec’d for getting great input. I want to wow my kids again, who are now teens and young adults. Let me know if I need to give more details. I have read some threads on the Fluval Marine 3.0 lighting, but none who have this tank. I am also looking to add another light, which the hood allows a second light to be added, but Fluval has not released into production yet. In fact, this system is not even on there website yet. Thanks in advance, looking forward to your thoughts, comments and input.

9DC84189-120C-4312-948C-46AC2BB17D49.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back