OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P-Mini 25! :)
I was thinking of getting that but size-wise...Idk like space-wise in my house in interesting and moving it back to and from the dorm (when/if) each year could be a bit more work than a 15 peninsula. Also, $396 vs $472 sounds better...or I can just get a black box and make my own mount for it.

That's the next thing, should I get a Chinese black box LED, seems like a better spread of light, or do I get an AI Prime HD which seems to have more of a select coverage on the tank (25 seems a bit small for a single AI Prime).

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was thinking of getting that but size-wise...Idk like space-wise in my house in interesting and moving it back to and from the dorm (when/if) each year could be a bit more work than a 15 peninsula. Also, $396 vs $472 sounds better...or I can just get a black box and make my own mount for it.

That's the next thing, should I get a Chinese black box LED, seems like a better spread of light, or do I get an AI Prime HD which seems to have more of a select coverage on the tank (25 seems a bit small for a single AI Prime).

You will likely appreciate that extra size, but you have to figure out what works best for you. Another lighting option is the Noopsyche K7 Pro II which has the quality but not the higher price.

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will likely appreciate that extra size, but you have to figure out what works best for you. Another lighting option is the Noopsyche K7 Pro II which has the quality but not the higher price.
Okay, so I read a review of this light from a R2R thread about 2 years ago and all I can say is WOW this light looks amazing and I will totally be picking one up! Buying the light will come with a mount I'm assuming based on the review I read, right? One of the main reasons I'm going with the 15 gallons is the ease of moving, maybe moving won't be so bad with the 25 peninsula. The more I think about it the more I might just get the 25 peninsula and just put it in my brother's room where my old tank was...dang you persuasive R2R

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, when I was an RA in college I had a fun little pico going with a single clown.

Fun being able to get away with it since I was in charge of the floor LOL

Get inspired check out peoples build threads, follow along on mine!

giphy.gif

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question, I might just make my own stand instead of buying one. Would a frame made of 2 x 4s be enough to support a 25 gallon?

Back