WOW that's going to be awesome!!!

1a-Welcome Aboard.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was asked to introduce. I'm Jimmy Bielkiewicz (bell-kay-witch), my lovely bride to be Melissa and I have kept reef tanks for 5 years, and still feel like we are brand new. We started with a 125 gallon 60 pounds of rock and one black box led and never stopped adding. In our 2nd year we upgraded to a 300. We then were offered a smoking deal on a 210 and became a 2 tank home. The 210 became our reef and the 300 a predator tank. Six months in our rays started dieing off at a rate of about 1 a month. The sharks followed, as did the lion fish. We chose to shut down the 300 sold it and used the cash to buy ai hydra 32's. As time went on we greatly missed hand feeding the rays and how excited they get when we walk in the room. A few years past and we decided a big tank with reef and rays would be our next goal. We found a used 675 gallon acrylic at an unbelievable price and in the process of setting that up now. Our plans are to have a breakfast bar down 2 sides of the 6 foot square tank.

Hi Jimmy and Melissa! Welcome! Glad you joined. Lisa & Michael here! (well, mostly Lisa on R2R... Michael behind the scenes is my plumbing, algae rock cleaning, make sure I didn't forget to turn tank back on after XYZ, jack of all trades "support" guy!!)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Entirely up to you but you might even want to consider a thread for each tank (though you'll only get one badge).

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was asked to introduce. I'm Jimmy Bielkiewicz (bell-kay-witch), my lovely bride to be Melissa and I have kept reef tanks for 5 years, and still feel like we are brand new. We started with a 125 gallon 60 pounds of rock and one black box led and never stopped adding. In our 2nd year we upgraded to a 300. We then were offered a smoking deal on a 210 and became a 2 tank home. The 210 became our reef and the 300 a predator tank. Six months in our rays started dieing off at a rate of about 1 a month. The sharks followed, as did the lion fish. We chose to shut down the 300 sold it and used the cash to buy ai hydra 32's. As time went on we greatly missed hand feeding the rays and how excited they get when we walk in the room. A few years past and we decided a big tank with reef and rays would be our next goal. We found a used 675 gallon acrylic at an unbelievable price and in the process of setting that up now. Our plans are to have a breakfast bar down 2 sides of the 6 foot square tank.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... my lovely bride to be Melissa and I have kept reef tanks for 5 years, and still feel like we are brand new. ... We found a used 675 gallon acrylic at an unbelievable price and in the process of setting that up now. Our plans are to have a breakfast bar down 2 sides of the 6 foot square tank.

Welcome to R2R !

You are blessed. Both of you like the reefing and you both seem to find the best deals.

May 2002 bring you more enjoyment and success,
Jim

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back