Hello from North Texas!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the reef life Tim! There are a whole lot of great folks here that will help you with any questions you might have. Got any pictures of your new system?

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Tim,
I live in the DFW area but I have only been here about 2 years. I was transferred here for work. I am from Ky (Lexington) originally.

I have been into saltwater aquariums since the late 90’s. I started my first reef aquarium around 2003 after years of fish only tanks. I loved the hobby but due to marital issues I had to exit about 12 years ago. Several months ago I decided to get back in the hobby. I have a 210 gallon mixed fish / reef setup. I have tried to do it right... lots of money spent... Just don’t tell my wife!!

Anyhow, I am happy to be here and make some new friends. Since I have been out of the hobby a while I have tons to learn. I’m looking forward to being an active member!

Howdy and WELCOME to TEXAS.. Like you I have been out of the hobby for around 15 years but I am back. I too am in the DFW area. You should look at joining the DFWMAS (Dallas Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society) They have FRAG swap coming up September 7 :cool:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

tenor.gif

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Tim,
I live in the DFW area but I have only been here about 2 years. I was transferred here for work. I am from Ky (Lexington) originally.

I have been into saltwater aquariums since the late 90’s. I started my first reef aquarium around 2003 after years of fish only tanks. I loved the hobby but due to marital issues I had to exit about 12 years ago. Several months ago I decided to get back in the hobby. I have a 210 gallon mixed fish / reef setup. I have tried to do it right... lots of money spent... Just don’t tell my wife!!

Anyhow, I am happy to be here and make some new friends. Since I have been out of the hobby a while I have tons to learn. I’m looking forward to being an active member!

If you haven't already done it, be sure to check out Aquastudios Aquariums in The Colony. Brandon runs a great store and is a wealth of knowledge.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back