Hello from North Texas

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! I’m returning to the aquarium hobby for the first time in several years and decided to go saltwater this time.

My son and I started a 40g breeder tank with the plan being Fish Only for the time being. The hope is to eventually transition to a reef tank, but there is NO rush.

After setup, prep and hard work, we introduced our first two new friends to our tank. My son named them Kentucky and Luka…perfect names for clownfish

I’ve been reading a lot in the forums over the past week and it’s been a great help. Look forward to being here for many years to come.

158EA478-E52F-4A23-9EAF-AB2749979FA9.jpeg

Welcome and a big "HOWDY" from your next door neighbor in Grand Prairie! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you, and we're lucky to have an active club right here in DFW:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! I’m returning to the aquarium hobby for the first time in several years and decided to go saltwater this time.

My son and I started a 40g breeder tank with the plan being Fish Only for the time being. The hope is to eventually transition to a reef tank, but there is NO rush.

After setup, prep and hard work, we introduced our first two new friends to our tank. My son named them Kentucky and Luka…perfect names for clownfish

I’ve been reading a lot in the forums over the past week and it’s been a great help. Look forward to being here for many years to come.

158EA478-E52F-4A23-9EAF-AB2749979FA9.jpeg
Howdy and welcome to R2R!

Rigoberto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job introducing your boy... this is a great way to learn the responsibilities we have. I am in North Texas as well. The perculas are pretty tough fish and easy to keep, but if you need another opinion don't hesitate to reach out. They love live baby brine shrimp (aka sea monkeys) as food source!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back