Hello from NW Illinois

Alan M

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

I have been a R2R lurker for awhile and decided to introduce myself and say hi. Such a wealth of knowledge here and I greatly appreciate it. I am still new to the salt side of the hobby, first marine aquarium in 2019. I have learned a ton, mostly through mistakes in the learning curve from fresh to salt, but I love the hobby and strive to have a healthy ecosystem. I’m 6 months into my Neptune ran waterbox 7225. Thanks to those that have helped me so far and look forward to meeting many more people in this hobby.

Thanks!

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your aquarium!

947390C9-5867-49BA-966A-9348685F5012.gif

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

I have been a R2R lurker for awhile and decided to introduce myself and say hi. Such a wealth of knowledge here and I greatly appreciate it. I am still new to the salt side of the hobby, first marine aquarium in 2019. I have learned a ton, mostly through mistakes in the learning curve from fresh to salt, but I love the hobby and strive to have a healthy ecosystem. I’m 6 months into my Neptune ran waterbox 7225. Thanks to those that have helped me so far and look forward to meeting many more people in this hobby.

Thanks!
Welcome to R2R, @Alan M !
I'm from northwest central Illinois between Galesburg and Peoria.
Check out the Midwest Reefers thread if interested.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely will, thank you. I am in the Sterling/ Rock falls area. Travel to the QC area often.
Interesting, I am travelling to Rock Falls tomorrow morning to pick up my 125-reef stand from my friend who is a metal fabricator!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

Thanks!
Hi Alan and Welcome!

Glad you joined. This is an online reference book type article I still refer:

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Safe travels. How long have you been reefing?
I got a 75-gallon FOWLR from a co-worker last September 2020. So far, I've just done lots of research and equipment collection in preparation for the 125-125 setup in my build thread while also losing some fish in my QT and having some troubles with the FOWLR... I'm not very experienced yet.
Technically, I've not yet "been reefing" since the only coral in my FOWLR was a toadstool leather.

OP
OP
Alan M

Alan M

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 75-gallon FOWLR from a co-worker last September 2020. So far, I've just done lots of research and equipment collection in preparation for the 125-125 setup in my build thread while also losing some fish in my QT and having some troubles with the FOWLR... I'm not very experienced yet.
Technically, I've not yet "been reefing" since the only coral in my FOWLR was a toadstool leather.
I see. I’ve never had a FOWLER but I think it would be cool to have a predator tank. I really like the coral side of things. I’m not very experienced either. Always learning something new. I will check out the group you mentioned for sure.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

Thanks!
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Back