Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Zach, another Ohioian here, from the Youngstown area. No German Shepherds just my rescue who’s best friend next door is a German Shepherd. O-H! We can still win this game against Iowa, plenty of time.
DCFF5427-9BA4-44A5-8483-35A9322C447C.jpeg

OP
OP
Zachariah.Kevin

Zachariah.Kevin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the hobby. What kind of tank did you pick up? What are the dimensions?
I got a nice deal on an acrylic tank. It's 240g and measures 96" x 24" x 24". I just got the electrical work finished and I'm wrapping up the basement remodel. Once that's completed I can start setting the beast up. So far I'm just slowly getting all the pieces necessary to set it up. I'll be putting up a build thread once I actually get it going.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I'm brand new to the hobby, but I'm jumping in with both feet. I found a good deal on a used tank and right now I'm just enjoying the process of getting all the things necessary to get it running... all the things. It's a lot of things. Haha.

For me, this hobby is a way to burn off some steam and enjoy a place to just relax. I look forward to learning from all you wonderful people. I'm also looking forward to connecting to other reefers that live in and around Ohio.

Thanks
-Zach

Hi Zach and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Ohio:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a nice deal on an acrylic tank. It's 240g and measures 96" x 24" x 24". I just got the electrical work finished and I'm wrapping up the basement remodel. Once that's completed I can start setting the beast up. So far I'm just slowly getting all the pieces necessary to set it up. I'll be putting up a build thread once I actually get it going.
Oh ya! That's a good find! Great dimensions for a cool aquascape. I'll never go less than 24" foront to back if I ever go bigger. Mine is 60"x24"x24" and I have a 24x24x24 cube Anemone tank.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Zach, another Ohioian here, from the Youngstown area. No German Shepherds just my rescue who’s best friend next door is a German Shepherd. O-H! We can still win this game against Iowa, plenty of time.
Cute dog !! But where is the empty container of handles ice cream ??? Lol !!!

OP
OP
Zachariah.Kevin

Zachariah.Kevin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I-O... I didn't get to watch the game. Was there a point where the win was in question? 54-10 seems like a pretty convincing win.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cute dog !! But where is the empty container of handles ice cream ??? Lol !!!
There is always a container in the freezer! I’ve been going to Handle’s since it was just one store. I hear you’ve got some down in the sunshine state.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I-O... I didn't get to watch the game. Was there a point where the win was in question? 54-10 seems like a pretty convincing win.
Ha, no it was a joke. There was probably less than a minute left in the game when I posted it. O-H!

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is always a container in the freezer! I’ve been going to Handle’s since it was just one store. I hear you’ve got some down in the sunshine state.
Never seen them here but always swing in when visiting near boardman !! I wish they were here !! .:face-savoring-food: They are the best

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen them here but always swing in when visiting near boardman !! I wish they were here !! .:face-savoring-food: They are the best
My aunt and uncle are snow birds and have a condo in Naples, they said they have one there. A few years ago my brother who lives in San Diego sent me a picture of one that opened there. Handle’s does shipping with dry ice, chocolate pecan or butter pecan?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aunt and uncle are snow birds and have a condo in Naples, they said they have one there. A few years ago my brother who lives in San Diego sent me a picture of one that opened there. Handle’s does shipping with dry ice, chocolate pecan or butter pecan?
Wow!! I wasn’t aware that they had any stores outside of the Youngstown area ! . Didn’t the first one open in Austin town . Then the biggest question is the Naples and San Diego locations as good as the ones in Youngstown? The coffee and black cherry is off the hook

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back