Hello from SoCal! New to this...

AaaR2R2.gif


Well, I yell ya, if you can master a 20g right off the bat, you'll have no issue with your eventual upgrade to something larger. Glad to have you here.

So Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!
 
AaaR2R2.gif


Well, I yell ya, if you can master a 20g right off the bat, you'll have no issue with your eventual upgrade to something larger. Glad to have you here.

So Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!
I love a good challenge! Thanks John
 
Good luck, we have a local reefing group up here in San Luis Obispo. If you're ever this far north check out Tropics Aquarium in SLO.
It's one of the nicest cleanest stores I've ever been to.
I've been to a lot across the country over the years.
Noted! Will make it a stop next time I'm up north
 
Hello and Welcome to R2R! Years ago I use to mix the salt in 5 gallon pails and then change 35 gallons in my 180. I had many things (fish and coral) that did not survive for long. Many years later, I make the RODI in the garage in a 40g barrel and another 40g barrel for the salt mix. During the winter time I heat the water to 78 before water changes and during summer I have to drop in cold packs to bring the temp down to 78. I now use the python to pump from the garage back to the tanks when I do the water changes.
 
Hello and Welcome to R2R! Years ago I use to mix the salt in 5 gallon pails and then change 35 gallons in my 180. I had many things (fish and coral) that did not survive for long. Many years later, I make the RODI in the garage in a 40g barrel and another 40g barrel for the salt mix. During the winter time I heat the water to 78 before water changes and during summer I have to drop in cold packs to bring the temp down to 78. I now use the python to pump from the garage back to the tanks when I do the water changes.
Hi Buckster, thanks for the tips! Noted!
 
Planning on making a short trip out of this. See you there!
We’ll be in a booth there, Reef by Steele, stop and say hi! This is my first one, I’m very excited. We have Free gifts too~
 
Welcome to the reef. So cal here also. Lot if knowledgeable people here to help you on your journey.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new