Hello from Southeast PA

jimaltm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been lurking and learning for a while needed to do an intro. I have kept freshwater aquariums in the past which I enjoyed. I did have one 55 gallon reef tank many years ago when my kids were younger but do to work schedule and a complete crash got out of the hobby. Fast forward to the birth of my grandson and finding some old tanks while cleaning my basement decided to get back into the hobby. I set up a 10 gallon nano reef (should have listened and not start out this small) and a 5 gallon freshwater dwarf shrimp and betta tank for my grandchildren (mostly grandson because he loves everything in nature).

Decided to move everything still alive from the 10 gallon tank to a 40 gallon breeder + 20 gallon long sump. Will do a build thread at some point. Still gathering supplies and equipment at the moment. Great site with a ton of info. My almost 4 year old grandson and I love sitting (yes the only time he is not moving) and looking and feeding the Betta. He helps me out and since these are his tanks I can spend what I need LOL.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All Right Ok GIF

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been lurking and learning for a while needed to do an intro. I have kept freshwater aquariums in the past which I enjoyed. I did have one 55 gallon reef tank many years ago when my kids were younger but do to work schedule and a complete crash got out of the hobby. Fast forward to the birth of my grandson and finding some old tanks while cleaning my basement decided to get back into the hobby. I set up a 10 gallon nano reef (should have listened and not start out this small) and a 5 gallon freshwater dwarf shrimp and betta tank for my grandchildren (mostly grandson because he loves everything in nature).

Decided to move everything still alive from the 10 gallon tank to a 40 gallon breeder + 20 gallon long sump. Will do a build thread at some point. Still gathering supplies and equipment at the moment. Great site with a ton of info. My almost 4 year old grandson and I love sitting (yes the only time he is not moving) and looking and feeding the Betta. He helps me out and since these are his tanks I can spend what I need LOL.
Congratulations on the Grandchild!
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back