Hello from sunny Florida

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pat Clark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pat Clark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
322
Reaction score
256
Location
Port Richey Fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.. Here is my story always wanted a sw tank and decided that's what I wanted for Christmas. My son and I thought it be fun to start a local catch tank since we live 10 min from the gulf. Started a 90 gallon tank with Fl aquacultured rock a rock Benny, two crested gobies a tiger goby and some marsh minnows that my son and friend caught. He has since decided he wanted them in his room so I built him a stand for hood for a 55 gallon which went the local fish they caught and are now back in the gulf because we are now hooked in to the hobby. Now here is what I got. Still have my rock ,4 fire fish, 1 engineer goby, 2 bar gobys 1 scopes tang 1 Niger trigger 1 leopard wrasse. Whole lot of crabs red Mithras sponge arrow Hermes ect. Starting some corals have some star polyps, pulsating Xenia and some small shrooms. Kid has a dragon wrasse snowflake eel and emperor snapper and a little bittey Panther grouper. Kids I know now is on the look out for a 150 gallon tank. Oh what did I get myself into!!
 
Lets see some of pics.
 

Attachments

  • th.jpg
    th.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Here are some photos going to rearrange the tank this weekend so I'll take more then. Plus have some aiptasia I need to remove don't mind some I like the natural look but I have some small groups I want to get rid of
 
Welcome to R2R nice looking tank
 
Welcome to the community!
 
*Welcome to Reef2Reef, Pat Clark!* If it's any consolation this hobby is endlessly educational! Your children will really benefit from your efforts.

DSCF8242_zps5797234_edit_1424182792330_zpsv82rzoa_edit_1426280392421.jpg
 
Welcome..and great start to the tank! (Other than the dang spider looking crab...they give me the shivers!)
I love biotope tanks...
 
Welcome to R2R Pat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new