Hello from Sweden

maca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I live in Stockholm, Sweden and I started my first saltwater aquarium in the mid 90s. I then took a pause from the hobby
from 2012-2019 when my kids were younger and we moved to a new appartment.

In Febuary 2019 I started a small 60L tank with my oldest son located in his room. A lot was new since I left the hobby when
lightning was still mainly MH and T5 and there was a lot of new technical equipment available. This tank was later replaced
with a 200L one which we aim to replace with a slightly bigger one later this year if everything goes well.

Last summer i started a new 60L nano with my youngest son in his room, if his intrest grows like it has had with my older son
this tank will also be replaced with a bigger one.

I'm interested in DIY and bought myself a 3d printer before christmas, Im slowly taking the time to learn how to create printable
modells to be able to create some DIY solutions.

Cheers,
Mattias

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo Mattais.....Welcome!
Sounds like you have the salty bug for sure......and its spreading through your household!!! That is brilliant that you can share this craft with your children. Sounds like you are keeping pace with the changes since your last foray into marine aquaria. There is a great 3D printing sub-forum on here now, check that out. Start up a build thread to log progress on your tanks and share your experience.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! You may want to check out our R2R 3D printing section:

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I live in Stockholm, Sweden and I started my first saltwater aquarium in the mid 90s. I then took a pause from the hobby
from 2012-2019 when my kids were younger and we moved to a new appartment.

In Febuary 2019 I started a small 60L tank with my oldest son located in his room. A lot was new since I left the hobby when
lightning was still mainly MH and T5 and there was a lot of new technical equipment available. This tank was later replaced
with a 200L one which we aim to replace with a slightly bigger one later this year if everything goes well.

Last summer i started a new 60L nano with my youngest son in his room, if his intrest grows like it has had with my older son
this tank will also be replaced with a bigger one.

I'm interested in DIY and bought myself a 3d printer before christmas, Im slowly taking the time to learn how to create printable
modells to be able to create some DIY solutions.

Cheers,
Mattias

Hello and welcome!

DIY... I think this is great!

People often complain about how expensive this hobby is. But I find the hobby very affordable as much of what I do to support my tank is DIY.

I look forward to seeing some of your 3D printed solutions.

But please be careful as I am unsure if the raw materials used to make 3D items will leech into your water and cause problems.

Dom

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back