Hello from the Hospital!

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha.. me and some friends went whitewater kayaking and we found a place deep enuf for bridge jumping. Hit my leg on a hidden branch on the way down, landed on my face and got swept away into some kinda rough rapids downstream cuz I was super disoriented. After that my foot got caught and I couldn’t get my head above the water and managed to lose some hearing (ear infection), eyesight (might’ve scraped off some of my cornea), sprain my ankle and my knee all in one go lol. Worst part though, I lost my trunks so I got pulled out in my birthday suit .. SUPER fun time though, other than that!

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

OP
OP
Makse

Makse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys love pictures and build threads. :) Any nem issues we do have experts who can help. Eagle_Steve is one of them. Hope to see future updates of the build. Love the pics so far.
I’ll definitely use their knowledge in due time lmaoo, thanks for letting me know! And who doesn’t? I got so fed up with seeing pics of my friends tanks that I had to get back into it, ya heard?
Okay, wow on the accident and I am sorry too. Sounds fun until the jump part. Thank goodness you are young. :)

Welcome back into the hobby and also to our wonderful site. Looks good so far.
I count my lucky stars everyday. If my friend didn’t throw me a life jacket before I drifted off it would’ve been dicier, I bet. Kinda hard to ignore a neon orange square landing on your face, thank god he’s a disc golf player lol.
Jokes aside, thanks! this seems like a community I’ll have a great time being a part of.
Michael, welcome! Get better soon and thanks for sharing photos!
Thanks, of course! Sorry about the quality, I took these as a before and after for my vacation with my phone. I am no photographer, as that’s prolly clear. I used the orange glasses I got in the goody bag from RAP for the blue wash out lmaoo!

@Kengar Other than that, it was quite spectacular, I must say. I saw some pumpkin seeds nibbling at my toes further upstream as well as what I think was a gar of some sort (shiver me timber’s , I hate those things but god are they awesome lookin). The rapids were awesome too, and I only capsized twice if you could believe it (I’m not an expert by any means haha). Nice phrase man, haven’t seen that in awhile lmaoo

@KJ thanks!

Still learning how to use this forum

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Michael (my name in league and most other video games is Makse so I figured why not), and I’m from the Bridgeport area of Connecticut—I’m also a freshman at UConn this fall. I’ve been keeping all sorts of aquariums for almost half a dozen years (though, to be frank, at the earlier stages it was mostly my older brother because I wasn’t even in highschool haha), and have used this site for reference and other resources available here on many occasions, though never actually joined. Well, out of boredom in the hospital due to some 4th of July fun, and at the constant urging of someone from my LFS, I’ve finally made an account! I hope I can meet a ton of super smart and friendly people to talk about this awesome (and extremely expensive) hobby here.

Now down to what matters. As I said above, I’ve been in the hobby for a good chunk of my life, converting from fresh to salt a few years in like I suspect a bunch of people have. I’ve been outta the game for about a year and a half now due to monetary and time constraints, but having landed a couple stable jobs recently and having some available cushion, and outta jealousy of my best friend, I convinced myself to dive back in. I had an old G4 XR15 I got for a birthday 2 years back and a crap ton of supplements and unexpired test kits so I hopped onto Waterbox and ordered myself a 15 gallon peninsula(—SO Waterbox, btw, ur stuff is fire). That was about 5 or 6 weeks ago, and here’s my baby now:
A90A5AA9-AB5F-4C98-BDF1-F6490A0AFA0C.png

2BB9C935-C8B2-4819-92B9-598863C2F14A.jpeg

I don’t wanna go too in depth here, but I’m easin myself back in with a mixed softy and lps tank (my mocha storm, Milo, wanted to say hi in the second pic). Also, please excuse the dirty glass, these are the best pics I have atm but I’ll be sure to take some better ones for my build thread when I get home.

In any case, nice to meet you guys and expect to see me pretty often haha!
Hi Michael and Welcome! (and Welcome Back to hobby)

Glad you joined and will be looking forward to your build thread!

OP
OP
Makse

Makse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Michael and Welcome! (and Welcome Back to hobby)

Glad you joined and will be looking forward to your build thread!
Daww you guys are makin me nervous here about postin my lowly tank—Some of these threads are from another world!!
i suppose patience is a virtue haha

Thank you!

@Poof No Eyebrows Thanks!!

@thatone08 thank you very much haha!!

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha.. me and some friends went whitewater kayaking and we found a place deep enuf for bridge jumping. Hit my leg on a hidden branch on the way down, landed on my face and got swept away into some kinda rough rapids downstream cuz I was super disoriented. After that my foot got caught and I couldn’t get my head above the water and managed to lose some hearing (ear infection), eyesight (might’ve scraped off some of my cornea), sprain my ankle and my knee all in one go lol. Worst part though, I lost my trunks so I got pulled out in my birthday suit .. SUPER fun time though, other than that!
You can't make that up... Bienvenido! Muchacho loco...o_O

OP
OP
Makse

Makse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Te lo agradezco! Lo que llamas locura yo lo llamo diversion. But really, I learned my lesson haha.

Haa, happy to be here, thanks everybody!!
@MERKEY that gif brought back mad memories haha
Reefing is so much safer... again , welcome. See ya in the forums

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back