Welcome to R2R!!!Hello out there to all my new reefing family.
I've arrived here from a recommendation on Reddit so I look forward to learning from you all.
Bit of background on my fish keeping:
- during my younger years - I had your classic 80s fish bowl with goldfish, no filtration, weekly water changes etc. Eventually moved up to a larger tank probably no more than 30L and have an extra goldfish or two.
- teenage years - I graduated to tropical freshwater fish (100L) tank. Proper old school tank from the early 90s, rectangular tank, no lid, no drilled holes for plumbing, no sump, all glass. Mostly kept guppies with the odd other fish.
- early 20s - no fish keeping for multiple reasons
- late 20s - after finally finding my own place to live, I got my first nano 23L tank (Fluvel Edge). Tropical set up to reignite my love for fish keeping.
- early 30s - after buying my first house, I get my old 100L tank back and try to scale up my interest again. Guppies again (of course), but also Shrimp and really learning an expensive lesson on not keeping small fish with shrimp.
- now (late 30s) - moved house and decided not to set up the 100L tank. It's now sat in the garage along with a 15L nano tank I somehow came to own. My 23L Fluval has however been lost forever. But I have gained a 200L Aqua One cube tank that has started my passion to learn more about Reefing. And that's why I'm here.
My reef tank has been up and running for three years, with more expensive lessons learned. Many fish have come and gone, and I'm pretty certain it's through a combination of poor water management and a dominant Clarkii clownfish that I don't know what to do with.