0   0   0
Curved Orange transperant R2R 10-18-22.png

tom g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all on the forum,

I've been in the hobby since a child for about 20 years now, started out in freshwater with the help of my dad , but spent the last 4 years breaking into the saltwater scene.

I've been a chef in my city since high-school but changed professions (unfortunately) in my early twenties to have a better control over my life and future for my family. With my new career I hope to use some of the tools available and skills I have learned to start a new saltwater build and showcase it on this site to help those who may have questions and or are interested in the build.

I plan to use aluminum profile to fabricate my base, which will hopefully support an Innovative Marine 40L tank.

I'm happy to finally join a community I've paid close attention to over the years but never became an actual contributing member until now!

I hope to hear all the feedback, good or bad along the way and go from there.

Thanks,
Ian
Welcome from a flow torontonian...

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all on the forum,

I've been in the hobby since a child for about 20 years now, started out in freshwater with the help of my dad , but spent the last 4 years breaking into the saltwater scene.

I've been a chef in my city since high-school but changed professions (unfortunately) in my early twenties to have a better control over my life and future for my family. With my new career I hope to use some of the tools available and skills I have learned to start a new saltwater build and showcase it on this site to help those who may have questions and or are interested in the build.

I plan to use aluminum profile to fabricate my base, which will hopefully support an Innovative Marine 40L tank.

I'm happy to finally join a community I've paid close attention to over the years but never became an actual contributing member until now!

I hope to hear all the feedback, good or bad along the way and go from there.

Thanks,
Ian

Hi Ian and Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you will fit right in here.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Ontario:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back