Hello from Toronto, Ontario.

Curved Orange transperant R2R 10-18-22.png
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!
Welcome.gif
 
Hello to all on the forum,

I've been in the hobby since a child for about 20 years now, started out in freshwater with the help of my dad , but spent the last 4 years breaking into the saltwater scene.

I've been a chef in my city since high-school but changed professions (unfortunately) in my early twenties to have a better control over my life and future for my family. With my new career I hope to use some of the tools available and skills I have learned to start a new saltwater build and showcase it on this site to help those who may have questions and or are interested in the build.

I plan to use aluminum profile to fabricate my base, which will hopefully support an Innovative Marine 40L tank.

I'm happy to finally join a community I've paid close attention to over the years but never became an actual contributing member until now!

I hope to hear all the feedback, good or bad along the way and go from there.

Thanks,
Ian
Welcome from a flow torontonian...
 
Hello to all on the forum,

I've been in the hobby since a child for about 20 years now, started out in freshwater with the help of my dad , but spent the last 4 years breaking into the saltwater scene.

I've been a chef in my city since high-school but changed professions (unfortunately) in my early twenties to have a better control over my life and future for my family. With my new career I hope to use some of the tools available and skills I have learned to start a new saltwater build and showcase it on this site to help those who may have questions and or are interested in the build.

I plan to use aluminum profile to fabricate my base, which will hopefully support an Innovative Marine 40L tank.

I'm happy to finally join a community I've paid close attention to over the years but never became an actual contributing member until now!

I hope to hear all the feedback, good or bad along the way and go from there.

Thanks,
Ian

Hi Ian and Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you will fit right in here.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Ontario:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/global-local-reef-club-discussion.634/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new