Hello from Toronto

Placenta89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey been skimming information from here for a long time and just joined in. After a first disaster of a tank I restarted and was hoping to get some feedback / other upgrade options for the biocube 32.

Currently I've gone hood less with the Ai Hydra 32 light which is amazing and currently trying to find a sweet spot of saxxby setting intensity so I don't get diatom blooms from too much light.

Media basket I'm getting next week from in tank

Got the mini uv sterilizer running and also got a chaeto in the back Running 8 hours of a small strip led at night.

As the tank is only 4 months old I think I've come to terms with the brown town stage which is dissipating daily :)

Looking for coral suggestions and wondering about acans! Lovely rainbow frag I wanna put on the back ring and was hoping it could take over the ring
But I would love some color and coral specimens you would think might look nice in here. Eventually I'll be adding some flat shelf rock towards the back right to build it up a bit more. But I haven't had to tear the tank down yet due to old mistakes :)

Resized_20210922_110917.jpeg Resized_20210922_101923.jpeg Resized_20210921_124116.jpeg 20210921_231715.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey been skimming information from here for a long time and just joined in. After a first disaster of a tank I restarted and was hoping to get some feedback / other upgrade options for the biocube 32.

Currently I've gone hood less with the Ai Hydra 32 light which is amazing and currently trying to find a sweet spot of saxxby setting intensity so I don't get diatom blooms from too much light.

Media basket I'm getting next week from in tank

Got the mini uv sterilizer running and also got a chaeto in the back Running 8 hours of a small strip led at night.

As the tank is only 4 months old I think I've come to terms with the brown town stage which is dissipating daily :)

Looking for coral suggestions and wondering about acans! Lovely rainbow frag I wanna put on the back ring and was hoping it could take over the ring
But I would love some color and coral specimens you would think might look nice in here. Eventually I'll be adding some flat shelf rock towards the back right to build it up a bit more. But I haven't had to tear the tank down yet due to old mistakes :)

Resized_20210922_110917.jpeg Resized_20210922_101923.jpeg Resized_20210921_124116.jpeg 20210921_231715.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is great both for this hobby and life in general!

Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

OP
OP
Placenta89

Placenta89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is great both for this hobby and life in general!

Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)
Oh I'll check that out in a bit thanks! Wish I had pictures of my first attempt.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back