Hello from Troy, Ohio

gtrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to R2R! Clean looking tank! I love the little frag rack on the side.

OP
OP
scarlnano

scarlnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once emptied the showroom at an exotic car sales business near Dayton called the Foreign Exchange when I pulled up in a Porsche 914 with a Chalon body kit on it. The owner took me for a ride in his 911 Turbo and made my day! He took me to get some parts I was looking for and showed me a 911 race car of his. He treated me like a long lost friend and all I had was a glorified VW with some killer body work! One of my high school buddies took me skiing somewhere near Dayton one time. Don't remember the name of the ski hill but it was small and crowded! We had a great time though!

Love Wright Patterson air museum as well!
Likely Mad River Mountain near Bellefontaine - that place is legend. Props to you for taking on skiing as a hobby, there's zero chance I am coordinated enough to try it and not meet an untimely demise. USAF Museum is phenomenal - they added the Memphis Belle this year.

IMG_4574.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
scarlnano

scarlnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome if you ever come down to Columbus let me know. There are some really good LFS all on the north east side of Columbus.
My folks live in Grove City... I visit... sometimes (not enough)... but, I'm in Powell for the zoo quite a bit, and Marion for cheer competitions (my 9 yo). Can you recommend some places?

OP
OP
scarlnano

scarlnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome and welcome! I'm an even more recent salt water convert! Can't believe I've avoided it over the years!
Definitely an adventure! Can't lie, listening to folks had me scared to make the jump... all of the things to "watch out for". It's been really exciting doing it instead of talking about it! Hope your reefing addiction continues to bring you joy!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back