Hello from Troy, Ohio

scarlnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! I'm new to posting, but I've been lurking in the shadows for a couple of years on R2R as I was researching the jump into saltwater. I've maintained freshwater tanks for about 22 years, only been into saltwater for about 2 years. I recently (6 weeks ago) started a Fluval M90 with seed sand and rock from my BioCube 29, and I'm right back in the thick of things!

I love this hobby - I learn something new every day, and I'm excited to start being much more social on the R2R forums!

Thanks in advance for the warm welcomes - this community rocks! Happy reefing!

Current...
IMG_9144.jpg

3 weeks in... pre eflux pumps
IMG_7384.jpg

Current Build:
Fluval M90 - 36g long
eheim compact 2000 return upgrade
2 eflux 1050's (@40%), 1 eflux 2100 (@30%) networked on Loop
Fluval Marine 3.0 LED / Orbit Marine LED 12,000/8,000 on Loop
Fluval PS1 hob skimmer
working on ATO options at the moment... limited space

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 9 year old cheerleader/reef enthusiast just lost her mind over this gif. - this just made her night!

It's funny, but a lot of people like that gif. Here's another one just for your 9 year old. This is me, below.

writinggiphy.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
scarlnano

scarlnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go Ohio! Welcome to R2R. Attended high school in Ohio, learned to snow ski in Butler or whatever that little town was!
VERY little town if it was Bulter! Kind of a "spit and you miss it" town just outside of Mansfield! That's northeast of me - I think technically Troy is considered "Greater Dayton", but we are the county seat of Miami County, about 18 miles north of Dayton.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VERY little town if it was Bulter! Kind of a "spit and you miss it" town just outside of Mansfield! That's northeast of me - I think technically Troy is considered "Greater Dayton", but we are the county seat of Miami County, about 18 miles north of Dayton.

I once emptied the showroom at an exotic car sales business near Dayton called the Foreign Exchange when I pulled up in a Porsche 914 with a Chalon body kit on it. The owner took me for a ride in his 911 Turbo and made my day! He took me to get some parts I was looking for and showed me a 911 race car of his. He treated me like a long lost friend and all I had was a glorified VW with some killer body work! One of my high school buddies took me skiing somewhere near Dayton one time. Don't remember the name of the ski hill but it was small and crowded! We had a great time though!

Love Wright Patterson air museum as well!

Back