0   0   0
Howdy, Matt! Welcome to the lagoon!
coral_crinoid_chimney_787med.jpg

reeftigergal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning to all from Virginia. My name is Matt and I am excited to be here and excited to learn all I can. I am brand new to saltwater aquariums and trying to educate myself as much as possible before purchasing my first saltwater aquarium. Looking forward to interacting with everyone and learning as much as I can to help me in my saltwater journey.
Smart move Matt. Welcome to R2R and definitely learn, study and research all u can while your picking out saltwater brains for more.

The District Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I'm just outside of DC. Lot of great local reefers all over the state. You can find deals on equipment, livestock, corals from your local club. I've met a bunch of great people in WAMAS (Washington Area Marine Aquarist Society), although that might be out of your range in Richmond.

OP
OP
Kml1987

Kml1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate all of the welcomes! I have been floating through the forum on and off all day today, and let me first say the amount of information on here is absolutely amazing and overwhelming at the same time.

I just posted a thread in the new to saltwater section explaining what I am looking to do, sort of just because I am not 100% sure now. The only thing that I know for sure that I would like is clownfish, particularly a black and white variety I ran across. I thought I was set on a biocube 32 but after researching it seems as though there are really mixed reviews as to whether it is adequate, or is it a better investment to build your own from scratch, etc.

If you have some time any input you can provide I would appreciate. I am trying to be as smart as I can financially out of the gate so I can have as easy a time dipping my toes into the saltwater aquarium hobby.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back