Welcome.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Here a brief intro, My name is Fred and I'm located in the province of Quebec, Canada, for the last 10 years I've been breeding Discus. Prior to that spell I had a nice system consisting of 90 gallon reef display with a 40 gallon sump/refugium and 40 gallons frag tank. The Discus bug is gone and I want to get back to Reefing. I was building a nice little 8ftX12ft Fishroom in my basement.

My plan is to is to keep that room as my Reef Room, I want to house my mixing station, sump, a frag station, I also want to have a couple of quarantine tanks for corals and new fish, for this I'll be recycling my 35 gallons cubes. I'm also planning to recycle my 110 gallons tank as a main sump for a planned 300 gallons display tank I have a nook in my basement, that's 8 feet long and 30 inches deep that's begs to be filled with a large display tank. First I need to finish that basement.

My first project is to recycle my four 65 gallon discus grow-out stand into a Frag station, the 65 are being replaced by some 40 gallons Breeders. I will be posting this in the frag section, when I start making headway. Right now I need to use the search button and read up, since a lot of things have changed in the last 10 years.

Cheers, Fred

Welcome to R2R Fred. Sounds like a great project to get more into reefing. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
Jawfishracing

Jawfishracing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I will definitely be posting a build tread. I believe forums are successful on a give-give formula, I expect to get a lot of information from the forum, in return it's only fair that I share the mistakes I'll have made :D.

Seriously Build treads are fantastic in my opinion, and I'm pleasantly surprise on the level of activity of R2R in this facebook day and age. Yes I'm not a fan of facebook. I prefer forums.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back