Hello hoping someone here can help my clownfish

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 3 days ago my clownfish started just hanging out on the bottom of my tank he looks fine no ich or mucus just been strange I also have a puffer witch is fine....so after a day of just hanging out at bottom I put him in qt copper tank.....for 2 days now and still alive just laying in corner I just noticed his strips looks like there brownish not a bright white anyone know what's going on figured on qt for 2 days he wld move around a little since didnt seem bad but I'm started to think maybe age or just sick please help .....

Temp...78
Tank size 125g
All test are normal with water
Equipment...protien skimmer.....2 power circulation pumps....canister filter....uv stabilizer 2 300w heaters
20190610_134202.jpeg
1560122412113.jpeg
1558552537997.jpeg

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to feed your Clown? How is it’s breathing pattern? If you poke it does it try to swim and flee?

OP
OP
M

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to feed your Clown? How is it’s breathing pattern? If you poke it does it try to swim and flee?
Yes I fed him when was in the main tank he ate a little not much hes breathing slower than normal and he try's to flee but wasnt hard to catch like he normally is when I was transferring him to qt and in qt hes still moving his fins and breathing slow looks but doesnt wanna swim around and looks like his white strips have turned a little brown I did have brown algae in main tank that started a 2 weeks ago but I keep cleaning it up and doing water changes as normal each week I change about 18 to 20g

xnguven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mrwood,

The clownfish could have been stressed out by the puffer fish in the main tank. What kind of puffer fish is it? Also moving him to the quarantine tank could have stressed him out even more. I would keep him in the quarantine tank for now till he settles down before moving him again back into the main tank.

Goodluck hope the lil guy gets better!

OP
OP
M

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mrwood,

The clownfish could have been stressed out by the puffer fish in the main tank. What kind of puffer fish is it? Also moving him to the quarantine tank could have stressed him out even more. I would keep him in the quarantine tank for now till he settles down before moving him again back into the main tank.

Goodluck hope the lil guy gets better!
Porcupine puffer and me too thank you

xnguven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porcupine puffer and me too thank you

How big is the porcupine puffer? As they age and get around 3-4 inches they will get more aggressive so when you add the clown back to the tank I would keep an eye for fin nipping and maybe rearrange the rockscaping so more hiding spots for the clown and make him feel more comfortable/secure.

OP
OP
M

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes about 2.5 they have always gotten along even when clown takes food from him never has done anything but yes I'll def watch them when I put him back in thanks again

xnguven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem and goodluck!! They make look like they get along well when you’re watching them but we never know what goes down when the lights are off and you’re away from the tank.

OP
OP
M

Mrwood12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem and goodluck!! They make look like they get along well when you’re watching them but we never know what goes down when the lights are off and you’re away from the tank.
That's a fact

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 3 days ago my clownfish started just hanging out on the bottom of my tank he looks fine no ich or mucus just been strange I also have a puffer witch is fine....so after a day of just hanging out at bottom I put him in qt copper tank.....for 2 days now and still alive just laying in corner I just noticed his strips looks like there brownish not a bright white anyone know what's going on figured on qt for 2 days he wld move around a little since didnt seem bad but I'm started to think maybe age or just sick please help .....

Temp...78
Tank size 125g
All test are normal with water
Equipment...protien skimmer.....2 power circulation pumps....canister filter....uv stabilizer 2 300w heaters
20190610_134202.jpeg
1560122412113.jpeg
1558552537997.jpeg
What is the copper level at? Copper is a poison and can stress a sick fish especially if it's not the treatment he needs for whatever is going on. Is he eating? Any white stringy poop? Breathing fast?

If he doesn't have any white stringy poop I'd start with a freshwater dip to rule out the possibility of flukes
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/freshwater-dip.248898/

Back