Hello humans . . . new to R2R

tatooinemarine

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
45
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to introduce myself and say a few words. I consider myself an aquarium enthusiast and I am excited to join the R2R community! This website seems like a great resource and a good place to show off all the hard work that goes into this hobby. I started in the hobby in 1992 with a 20g freshwater aquarium and in 2002 I started my first saltwater tank. Over the years I have had several different tanks and setups both fresh and salt. I have kept softies, SPS, LPS, clams, inverts, and a variety of saltwater fish. My personal favorite corals after all these years still seem to be mushrooms. I know some people consider them more of a "nuisance" or a beginner coral, but I just love the variety, hardiness, shape and texture.

About 3 years ago my wife and I decided to move to a completely new area which meant selling our home and the majority of our belongings. I had a few tanks running that I broke down and sold, and also some the of extra equipment I wasn't using and didn't want to move and store. I was going to wait until we bought a house again, but I have grown impatient and decided to put together a little budget build to satisfy my addiction. I will start a thread for the tank here on R2R when I figure it all out, or follow on Instagram: tatooinemarine
 
Welcome to R2R!
giphy (1) (2).gif
#WelcometoR2R
 
Just wanted to introduce myself and say a few words. I consider myself an aquarium enthusiast and I am excited to join the R2R community! This website seems like a great resource and a good place to show off all the hard work that goes into this hobby. I started in the hobby in 1992 with a 20g freshwater aquarium and in 2002 I started my first saltwater tank. Over the years I have had several different tanks and setups both fresh and salt. I have kept softies, SPS, LPS, clams, inverts, and a variety of saltwater fish. My personal favorite corals after all these years still seem to be mushrooms. I know some people consider them more of a "nuisance" or a beginner coral, but I just love the variety, hardiness, shape and texture.

About 3 years ago my wife and I decided to move to a completely new area which meant selling our home and the majority of our belongings. I had a few tanks running that I broke down and sold, and also some the of extra equipment I wasn't using and didn't want to move and store. I was going to wait until we bought a house again, but I have grown impatient and decided to put together a little budget build to satisfy my addiction. I will start a thread for the tank here on R2R when I figure it all out, or follow on Instagram: tatooinemarine
Hello potential Human!
 
Welcome to R2R!!! Thank you for the introduction!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new