hello my salty friends!

Civilized_drifter

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
4
Location
Nashville, Tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say hello to all of y'all. I've been into freshwater aquariums for years now and recently decided to dive head first into the salt world. I just picked up a 40b from the petco $1 per gallon sale so I could turn it into my dream tank! Im sure ill be asking a lot of silly questions so please bare with me. Im glad to be here and even more excited about learning the hobby inside and out!
 
Lol. I would either get a reef ready (already drilled with overflow) or dill and install an overflow. I'm not a big fan of hang on overflow boxes personally. Having a drilled tank with a so gives you more options equipment wise and a place to "hide" a good amount of your equipment as well.
 
Welcome.

Where there is a will there is a tank. Make your life easier in the long run and drill.
 
Welcome home, you'll love it here!
 
Welcome to the community! Its great to have you!
 
Welcome to R2R!! There is nothing wrong with a budget build. I would just make sure to plan out all purchases and make a dedicated saltwater budget. This way you can save for what you really want. I wouldn't do what I did and end up buying things 2-3 times. Depending on where you are located, you may have a local reef club. This could be a good place to get some used equipment. :)
 
WELCOME TO R2R.
th.jpg
 
Seahorse keeper, I joing one right before I joined this forum. There is already a guy who is gonna hook me up with a lot of stuff for free/small amount of cash. Just gotta drive over a hour but it will be worth it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new