Hello, New Member Here..

Patricia T.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, about a two week old member that is just getting around to saying Hi.
I'm Patricia and I have finally gotten back into saltwater after being out for around 10 or 12 years. Then was just a basic saltwater fish tank without the corals. I missed it greatly!

So, here I am again...............
Me, personally, was just going to be happy with seahorses/pipefishes until my husband went to the store with me and started pointing to this and that. And, you may have guessed it, those this and that's, will not mix with want I wanted. So, now we a the 28g nano for the seahorses and the red sea 250 reefer. This time around I am going to give the corals a shot because I have noticed that there is a lot me stuff on the market to help a person......and all I ask is please bare with me....

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby. As others have said, don't be bashful. A lot of great information here and many, many willing and able people to help along the way.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fun of R2R, coming out of saltwater retirement is a whole new world as you stated. There are so many more options out here now, and the decisions to make. There are a lot of very knowledgeable members here that will gladly assist you in your adventure. I only question not asked it a bad one.

OP
OP
Patricia T.

Patricia T.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did open another thread asking about 2 guys that I found in my tanks this morning. One of them is a crab and the other a slug; was wondering what kind and if they are ok to keep...didn't think about posting the pictures here but I will now..just in case, I will do it know...

View attachment 1crab.jpg

View attachment 1slug.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure about your critters there but @Lionfish Lair would be a good one to ask. We'll see what she thinks... of course the rest of the [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] will be by to say welcome and they will have a good idea for you as well.

In the mean time.... Welcome! Glad to have you!

OP
OP
Patricia T.

Patricia T.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure about your critters there but @Lionfish Lair would be a good one to ask. We'll see what she thinks... of course the rest of the [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] will be by to say welcome and they will have a good idea for you as well.

In the mean time.... Welcome! Glad to have you!

New to this thread thing so, do I just catch her in conversation type thread?

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

That nudibranch looks awesome! I hope you can keep it. I know they tend to be difficult and/or not reef safe, but there are undoubtedly people in this community that know better than me.

Cheers,
rant

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't help with the critter ID's, but when Meredith used the @ symbol in front of Lionfish Lair's name, it tagged her and sent a message. When she sees the tag/message, she will hopefully respond here to provide assistance. As you get to know members and their unique talents/specialties, that is how you get their attention within an open thread. Or you can send them a private message.

That's your R2R lesson for the day...lol. Again, welcome to the community.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back into the hobby! Lionfish lair will be along since she has been tagged.

OP
OP
Patricia T.

Patricia T.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't help with the critter ID's, but when Meredith used the @ symbol in front of Lionfish Lair's name, it tagged her and sent a message. When she sees the tag/message, she will hopefully respond here to provide assistance. As you get to know members and their unique talents/specialties, that is how you get their attention within an open thread. Or you can send them a private message.

That's your R2R lesson for the day...lol. Again, welcome to the community.
Thank you very much!!

OP
OP
Patricia T.

Patricia T.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

That nudibranch looks awesome! I hope you can keep it. I know they tend to be difficult and/or not reef safe, but there are undoubtedly people in this community that know better than me.

Cheers,
rant
Hopefully, someone will notice it and pass along some wisdom. I not really wanting to let them loose back into the tank at this moment until I can find out a little more because I may not find them again

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions if the crab would be good to keep with the seahorses and pipefish?
I wouldn't trust any crab with them. They are opertunists so slow moving fish are often on the menu. You should be able to trade it in to a lfs for credit though or trade to another reefer as these crabs are liked as a novelty.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back