Hello! New Member! (Netherlands)

Nazzar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all :)

After 4 years of enjoying 3 freshwater aquariums (180L(Shrimp, Buce), 125L(Shell Dweller) and 350L(Cory + SA Puffers)).

I decided a year ago that I wanted to make the leap into saltwater and started to read up on this amazing hobby. Luckily for me, my SO didn't mind a 4th tank in the room!

I've decided to go for a 100x55x55(cm) aquarium (300L/92G) with a 140L(36G) sump that is split in two for refugium, system compartment and a 35L ATO reservoir next to it.

Which is now standing waiting for water and aquascaping behind me.

My biggest challenge is that I have to automate the aquarium as much as I can because of health reasons. (My freshwater tanks run fully automated and cost me about 60 min a month to maintain)

For now I've decided to go with a Filter roller(SK3000), Macro algae refugium with a contra-light schedule, Tunze 3155 ATO and two reef flare leds (70W each) and go for a low fish bioload with easy corals like Zoa's and LPS in half/full year or so. (Nothing good happens fast in a reef tank is something that fits my physical limitations very well!)

So thank you guys for all the awesome information that is written down on r2r and hopefully I can make this a little awesome reef tank!

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

Leo Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha Nazzar,
welkom op dit forum en heel veel plezier met deze schitterende hobby gewenst.
Als automatiserin g en ontzorging belangrijk is voor je zeewateraquarium denk ik ook aan een apex, doseerapparaat, multitronic oid, ato, temp=controlling met verwarming en koeler en een UPS.
Er zijn heel wat fora waar je ervaringen en inzichten **** halen.
Nogmaals heel veel succes en plezier gewenst,
Leo

Back