Hello! New to reef 2 reef!

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! If and when you get that bigger tank. Make sure to read @revtree supreme guide here. Looking forward to seeing your tank!
1590153404297.jpeg

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I am posting this in the right place, finally created an account for Reef 2 Reef. I have been using this forum to troubleshoot for the past few years. I have had a small aqua one mini reef (120L, 30-ish gallons) Marine aquarium for 3 years, but I had to restart in the second year because the electricity cut out While we were on holiday and everything died. So my current setup is around 2 and a half years old. I also have some freshwater aquariums but this is a saltwater forum so I will stop talking about them. So that’s me! Nice to meet you all. So to sum up, I am nearly 5 years into the fishkeeping hobby myself, (my dad used to own a giant tank which we had to eventually take down as we had to move to somewhere else. Also, I am based in Melbourne, Australia), three (and a half) years into reefing.

P.S. I am also a law abiding reefer with no illegal tangs in my small tank, so the tang police can relax. I generally only keep clowns to occupy my army of anemones and other euphyllias. Had a few puffers along the way, had to give them away because they ate my giant heliofungia but they didn’t touch anything else. The clowns are almost 3 years old now:) and so is the coral beauty, but I think it is a little older than the clowns.

Looking forward to meeting you all...
:)
Welcome to R2R and back to reefing.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I am posting this in the right place, finally created an account for Reef 2 Reef. I have been using this forum to troubleshoot for the past few years. I have had a small aqua one mini reef (120L, 30-ish gallons) Marine aquarium for 3 years, but I had to restart in the second year because the electricity cut out While we were on holiday and everything died. So my current setup is around 2 and a half years old. I also have some freshwater aquariums but this is a saltwater forum so I will stop talking about them. So that’s me! Nice to meet you all. So to sum up, I am nearly 5 years into the fishkeeping hobby myself, (my dad used to own a giant tank which we had to eventually take down as we had to move to somewhere else. Also, I am based in Melbourne, Australia), three (and a half) years into reefing.

P.S. I am also a law abiding reefer with no illegal tangs in my small tank, so the tang police can relax. I generally only keep clowns to occupy my army of anemones and other euphyllias. Had a few puffers along the way, had to give them away because they ate my giant heliofungia but they didn’t touch anything else. The clowns are almost 3 years old now:) and so is the coral beauty, but I think it is a little older than the clowns.

Welcome to R2R!!! The tang police comment had me laughing lol.

Sucks about losing the tank to an electrical cutout, try to get some battery backups for your future build, they save lives!

Also nice on the freshwater! I had planted tanks back in the day, but the allure of the mystical reef tank caught me and reef tank every since!

Anyways welcome sir!

OP
OP
Nibble

Nibble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all so much for the replies.
Just so anyone’s interested, here’s a quick snap of my 30gallon nano reef:

excuse the anemones there, they’re freshly split(naturally, I didn’t cut them) and were floating around the tank so I had to pick them up so they don’t get sucked up into the overflow... this pic was also taken at night, so most corals closes up. Please don’t judge :)
27677AD7-FA57-4D3F-89A7-555B7390E237.jpeg

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back